Love Keeps Going
is a Taiwanese Romantic Comedy
that aired in June 2011 on CTV. After overhearing her divorcing parents that neither wanted her in the settlement, Zha Mei Le resolves to become a useful and hardworking person. To this end she feverishly earned all sorts of certificates, among them accounting, insurance, motorcycle repair, computer science, Emergency Medical Technician and even etiquette. Her boyfriend is Han Yi Feng; they met when his car stalled on the road, and she repaired it. He is impressed with her abilities but generally takes her for granted. Mei Le helps achieve what she thinks is Yi Feng's dream of opening and running a bakery.
Han Yi Lei is a famous songwriter, but his on-air rotten attitude and outbursts are a source of annoyance for his manager. His snarkiness overshadows his relationship with his brother. Mei Le, seeing this, is determined to like him in spite of this.
Her idyllic future is suddenly shattered due when Yi Feng shows his true colors and has an affair with shop employee Guo Xian Xian, and Mei Le increasingly depends on Yi Lei as she rediscovers herself.
The series contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Mei Le shows off an apron signed by the famous singer/actress Cyndi Wang (Cyndi Wang is Mei Le).
- Beleaguered Assistant: Shao Ying, Yi Lei's manager/agent, who has to put up with his bad behavior and the backlash from the entertainment companies.
- Eiffel Tower Effect: Taipei-101 building shows up in the first episode, and is even identified by screen credits.
- Engrish: One of Mei Le's certificates read, "certificated of computer ability".
- Genki Girl: Mei Le almost always has a positive attitude.
- Gold Digger: Xuan Xuan, who is basically looking for a Meal Ticket.
- I'm a Man, I Can't Help It: Yi Feng falling into bed with Xuan Xuan.
- In-Series Nickname: Yi Lei is called "J-King" by the tabloids.
- Love Dodecahedron: Bakery conglomerate He Yan Shao tries to win Mei Le's heart and her baking skills.
- Opening Narration: Pretty much sums up Mei Le's life from age ten up to the present.
- Pair the Spares: Mei Le's brother Zha Yu Cheng and the Han brother's sister end up married.
- Show Within a Show: Mei Le competes in a television bake-off.
- Split Screen: Used in the final episode to show the expressions of both protagonists during a speaker-phone conversation.
- Surprise Pregnancy: Yi Feng and Yi Lei's sister Yi Fei. Her lover took off as soon as she was pregnant.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Yi Lei, who is described in voiceover as "mean, harsh, and not likeable".
- Triang Relations: #7, Mei Le —> Yi Feng —> Xuan Xuan.
- Your Cheating Heart: Yi Feng has a fling with Xuan Xuan while engaged to Mei Le.