Alien Surf Girls
is an upcoming television show on TeenNick
and Network Ten
. It is created by Jonathan M. Shiff
of H2O: Just Add Water
When Zoey and Kiki, two irrepressible girls from another galaxy, become castaways in the quiet Australian seaside town of Lightning Point, they recruit local girl Amber to keep them undercover. But the whole town is abuzz with the sighting of alien spacecraft, and the girls soon realize that they may not be the first intergalactic visitors to Earth.
Also known as Lightning Point
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Pending Word of God on this, it is their true form, so a subversion. Later played straight, when it is revealed that their true form is basically ball lightning, making them Energy Beings, or plasma beings anyway, but I don't think there's a trope for that.
- Alien Among Us: The main premise of the series.
- Beach Episode: Every single episode!
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Zoey, Kiki, and Amber (even though she's more auburn)
- Half-Human Hybrid:Brandon Benedict is revealed to be this.
- Human Aliens: Possibly like the Time Lords in some way.
- Emotionless Girl: Zoey acts like this on a regular basis.
- Lethal Chef: Zoey's sauce in Crushed. Amber describes it as "Awful, bad, the worst thing I've ever tasted", promptly followed by disposing of it down the drain. At the end of the episode, Kiki and Amber refuse to accept Zoey's offer to make pancakes. In unison.
- Market-Based Title: In its original Australian market the show is known as Lightning Point, rather than the ridiculous title it has elsewhere.
- Mood Motif: The Guitars of Surfing and the Theremin of Sci-Fi/Outer Space. Right in the Theme Tune.
- Shout-Out: When Madison asks what Zoey's surname is, Kiki is confused and simply repeats her friend's name again. This is a reference to a similar scene in Ocean Girl where Kal is asked for his surname and answers the same way. Apparently if you are from another planet, you don't have surnames.
- Spiritual Successor: To H2O: Just Add Water.