Roleplay: Edge Of The Multiverse
Edge of the Multiverse is a Forum RPG started in November 2012 by Flanker66. A Spiritual Successor of sorts to TheMassiveMultifandomRPG, it follows the same basic premise; various characters from different dimensions and realities wake up one day to find themselves in a mysterious place known only as "The City", with no idea how they got there or how to get back. All they know is that a massive tower dominates the patchwork skyline, and that strange phenomena called "Trials" frequently wrack the place, causing anything and everything from turning the people into toys or turning the City itself into a jungle. Supposedly reaching the tower will allow them to escape, but it will not be easy...The game has a number of associated threads, including the sign-up thread, the discussion thread, and the game thread itself.
Edge Of The Multiverse has the following tropes
- Ancient Grome: The theme of the first Trial
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Very much in effect during the third day's Space Race Trial.
- Boss Subtitles
- Classical Mythology: The monsters from the Twelve Labours of Heracles make up the boss of the second day's Trial.
- Inn Between the Worlds: The City is this taken to its logical extreme, like Sigil from Planescape.
- Loads and Loads of Races: Not counting all the player characters, the City plays home to humans, elves, lizardfolk, Mon Calamari, Sullustans, hanar, Tau and many, many others.
- Mecha-Mooks: The characters end up fighting a horde of geth at the end of the first day.
- Mega Crossover
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: The three beings who reside in the tower at the heart of the City. They constantly monitor the characters' progress and are responsible for the Trials that affect the place; beyond this, almost nothing is known about them.
- Patchwork Map: The City is a bizarre urban variant of this trope, with medieval castles and taverns standing shoulder to shoulder with modern hotels and alien skyscrapers completely at random.
- Play-by-Post Games
- Translator Microbes: Everyone can understand each other, despite speaking a variety of different languages.