You've been chosen by the computer Yggdrasil to protect the Digital World from the seven Demon Kings along with every other villain dropped in. At least you get a Digimon
partner to help you out!
Provides Examples Of:
- Aborted Arc: Several, as finishing a log cohesively isn't always easy to accomplish. One of the more notable ones have been Jeremygeddon, a massive fight event involving Jeremy Banes. While the fight events were completed, the actual deal with Jeremy was never resolved.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: DATS and Tetha Police, though the former less so since the infamous Tetha Battles
- Brought Down To Perfect: Many Ultimate-level Digimon that arrive in the Digital World will be knocked down to Perfect no matter who they are.
- The Corruption: Demon Seals, which have advancing stages. The first stage plagues you with the power of a Demon King's sin, the second one makes you loyal to them, and the third extends that same status to your partner.
- In a more subdued example, Murmuxmon used to be Seraphimon before centuries of holding onto the Darkness Tag. Subverted however in regards to his personality, in that his becoming more jaded and morally unscrupulous had more to do with the circumstances of his life than it did said Tag.
- Disney Death: Horribly inverted when Mary Jane is brutally murdered by Gluttony and Barry the Ripper in front of her adopted daughter, Sandy Marko.
- Eldritch Abomination: Chaosmon, the being sealed beneath the Omega Sword, is this. Doubly so when he absorbs Breakdramon, a massive amount of Digi-Eggs, and the Area Draco Island itself.
- The digimon Ogudamon, implied to be the progenitor of the Demon Kings, is this as well.
- He Who Fights Monsters: This is what happened to Ravemon, who accepted a Demon Seal and tried to turn Tetha into a totalitarian military society, conspiring against various powers and oppressing civilians. His original goal? To bring an end to the unending conflict between the Dark Area and Virus Busters.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Dukemon knew full well that Chaosmon, a potentially world ending monster, was sealed underneath the Omega Sword and told no one, stating that it was necessary for the eventual greater good.
- Irony: Some time ago, Diablomon led an incursion into the Dead Zone and ran Murmuxmon out of his own Area. A few short years later, the exact same thing happens to Diablomon courtesy of Omegamon.
- Knight Templar: Omegamon and the Virus Busters seek the complete eradication of Demonic digimon, and are uncompromising and unyielding in that regard.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Mons: More than just the native Digimon, several Pokemon trainers bring at least one of their Pokemon with.
- Original Character: The game allows canon OC's, like Hikari Hoshi from the Shaman King universe, Tiffany Clay from the Teen Titans universe (complete with Bizarro Universe twin), and Detroit from Zombieland, as well as original worlds, like the Nice Hat-toting Succubus Pidonus and the onmyouji Daisuke Morimoto, just to name a few.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Chaosmon, whose very existence causes the Digital World to break.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: While DATS and the Dai-Gurren Brigade often ran off and have adventures, the Teen Titans and the New Guardians (a team of girls based off of W.I.T.C.H.) didn't do as much. Has been mostly subverted in recent months, with much more of the world getting involved in plots.
- Passing the Torch: When WITCH is defeated by Doctor Doom (yes, that Doctor Doom) Sasami and a group of other girls quickly take up the hero mantle as the New Guardians. Inverted as the team falls apart soon after due to in-game and out-of-character problems.
- Plot Coupons: The various Tags, which had to be collected in order to pull the Omega Sword and release the Shining Evolution.
- Power Limiter: Stronger characters can't fight against stronger Digimon without their Digimon reaching the higher levels. And at times, characters lose powers.
- With the unlocking of Ultimate-level, Digimon can only reach that level once every 30 days and they can't do it within city limits or they'd get an Area General to the face.
- Put on a Bus: The fate of some 60+ characters after their players were no longer involved in the game. Originally played with when players would joke that dropped characters were eaten by the nearest event monster. Inverted horribly with Mary Jane's death.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: OCs Tiffany "Fifi" Higgins and Megaera D'Ashland. Both are witches, their souls are linked thanks to a very very poor decision on Megaera's part, and both are in love with Shuensha Asakura (thanks to Shuensha's manipulations of Fifi, which carry over to Megaera thanks to the aforementioned link). However, Megaera (the red one) is a research fiend who likes using subtle plots, while Tiffany (the purple one) tends to be more passionate and direct about her pursuit of power. Needless to say, the two don't get along well at all - which Shuensha plays off of massively to her own benefit.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Masaru gives one to Kurata after the madman kidnaps Yoshino, turns her into a Bio-Hybrid, killing her unborn child in the process, and has her attack his sister, Chika.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Chaosmon was sealed underneath the Omega Sword on Draco Island, while different pieces of Ogudamon are sealed in different cans across the Digital World.
- However, one should note the Shining Evolution was also sealed under the Omega Sword, meaning that the Sealed Good in a Can was kept in the same can as the aforementioned evil.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal:
- Both Tounami and Yosaru get engaged over the D-Comms. The boys then proceeded to tell each other they were doing it wrong.
- Greg Sanders enlisted Haku Yowane and Eikichi Onizuka to help him perform Michael Jackson's "You Rock My World" for his proposal to Sabine Alshire.
- Kimihiro Watanuki proposed to Shizuka Doumeki "at a wedding reception" by sticking a ring in a fondant au chocolat and giving it to him in a box. Kazuma Ikezawa and Nadeko Sengoku proceeded to tease them before Doumeki said yes.
- Yandere: UTAU Tei Sukone.