Roleplay: All Falling Down
All Falling Down is a TV Tropes Forum Role Play.The world of Welena. A rather mundane place, in most respects. Except one. Upon birth, all official residents of the eastern continent, called Yelan, are bonded with a creature known as a Companion. Other than that, this world is very similar to our Earth.Companions come in many different shapes and sizes, from electric mice to massive behemoths of flesh and steel. Companions are used for a variety of purposes; labor, soldiering, nannies, pets, you get the idea. But most importantly to the story, combat sports.The story begins in New Relhama, one of Yelan's most prominent city-states. An underground fighting tournament has begun and people from across the land have come to fight with their companions for fame and glory. Or something else. Not is all as it seems in this tournament and possible sinister forces are working against the participants.
Sarah Newbern and Rayezest, played by CyganDouglas Hachers and Horroce, played by Trickdice.Ryan de Ghiaccio and Boreas played by Kuiper.Zach Walis and Esmerel, played by Bindlestick.Laura Anderson and Kress, played by Locoman.George Custer and Autie, played by Parable.Jeek Salcyrazai and Vareth played by SOCR.Mari Kitor and Red Riding Hood, played by Anno R.Samuel and Selvain, played by Poisonarrow.
This game includes examples of:
Tropes Displayed by The Companions
- An Ice Person: Boreas and Autie
- Blue and Orange Morality: The Kress, if it's even sentient.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Boreas(God of the North Wind) and Notus(God of the South Wind).
- Clockwork Creature: The Tick-Tock Man
- Eldritch Abomination: The Myrmidon.
- Mr. Fanservice: Boreas.
- Eye Beams: Seersora's modus-operandi.
- Facial Markings: Selvain's constantly shifting tattoos frequently take this form.
- Fairy Companion: Autie and Selvain.
- Flight: A common power for Companions.
- The Grim Reaper: The Reaper
- The Grotesque: Horroce, a weirdly twisted creature, is described as living proof that there is some celestial entity in the universe that is an outright sick bastard.
- Hive Mind: Kress is not one companion but a bunch of little beetles who act together.
- Making a Splash: George is essentially a teenage boy made of water, also contains elements of Murder Water.
- Mind Hive: Whatever object houses the Collective at the time.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Selvain.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Rayezest has razor-sharp wings and what appears to be a metallic rhinoceros horn. Also, Vareth, for all your telepathic, head-sitting dragon needs.
- Playing with Fire: Notus.
- Power Tattoo: Literally with Tat.
- Psychic Powers:
- Telepathy: Many Companions have this as either their primary or secondary power. λέγω has this as its first confirmed power.
- Shock and Awe: Rayezests powers.
- Straight Gay: Boreas, despite being a Badass, ice shooting, fighting machine.
- Teleport Spam: Vareth is capable of it
- Pyrokinesis for Notus.
- Thermokinesis for Vareth.
- Time Stands Still: One of several possibilities for Tick-Tock's ability. It would explain how he won almost instantly.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ryan's Companion seems to be morally opposed to shirts. Also, due to having no understanding of WHY humans wear clothes all the time, Selvain.
- Winged Humanoid: Autie and Selvain
Tropes Displayed by The Bond-Mates
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl: Mei. As much as a blind and mute person can be.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Ryan uses superior tactics to help his Companion triumph in battle over Notus.
- Bi the Way: Both Ryan and Samuel.
- Blind Eyes: Mei's eyes are white, unless she is using Seersora's sight-sharing power.
- Born Lucky: George.
- Bully Hunter: Ryan abhors a bully.
- Calling Your Attacks: Ryan does this to help Boreas with strategy in combat. Some names come from Classical Mythology and include references to Zeus' Aegis, and ice and snow related deities such as Khione(Goddess of snow).
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Sarah.
- Hammerspace: Laura's backpack somehow has enough space to carry hundreds of fairly large insectoid Companions.
- Keet: Ryan seems to be eternally opimistic.
- Magical Eye: Mei, when using Seersora's sight sharing power.
- Meganekko: Laura.
- Private Detective: Zach and Esmerel.
- Promotion to Parent: Esmerel raised Zach after the death of his parents.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Jeek in public life appears to be a teenage boy, for reasons related to her criminal past.
- The Bug Master: Laura keeps a small army of insects in her backpack.
Tropes Applying to The RP and Storyline
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: How many people/animals/ 30-foot-tall-rock-golems can fit in this sewer?
- Bond Creatures: The Companions, obviously.
- Beat Still, My Heart: The Myrmidon pulls this on Carrosso.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Twice. First with the Tick-tock Man, then with Kress against the Reaper.
- Monster Arena: A literal version, Companions fight in the more spacious areas of the sewers.
- The Syndicate: The tournament is run by one of these, as Companion fighting is highly illegal.
- Tournament Arc: The story begins this way.