Recap: Welcome To Night Vale Ep 6 The Drawbridge
"Rabbits are not what they seem to be. Welcome to Night Vale."
Coverage of the ongoing effort to construct a drawbridge in Old Town Night Vale. Plus the radio station's pledge drive, horoscopes, and the Fire Department vs. Sheriff's Secret Police softball game.
Tropes present in The Drawbridge include:
- Anonymous Benefactor: The radio station receives a large sum of money from "a certain anonymous world leader."
- Blatant Lies: There are no cars anywhere. In fact, they aren't even real.
- Epic Fail: Constructions crews have attempted to build the base supports of a drawbridge with corrugated cardboard, non-dairy creamer, ceramic bowls, and furniture upholstery — in the middle of the desert without a waterway in sight, no less. Unsurprisingly, all these attempts have completely failed.
- Foreshadowing: Cecil casually mentions WZZZ and the monotone female voice (later revealed to be Fae) that recites random numbers. This becomes the main plot point of "Numbers".
- Granola Girl: Juanita Jefferson.
- Killer Rabbit: Implied in the opening.
- Paranoia Fuel: "Go see a movie today. Itís a great escape! Especially from all this pollution and dangerous UV radiation. Say, is that mole new?"
- Scandalgate: "Drawbridgegate."
- Police Are Useless: During last year's annual charity softball game between the fire department and the secret police, the firefighter's entire bullpen was assassinated during the game. No one even investigated the murders.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: There is NO staticky hum coming from the dog park. And if there were, it would definitely NOT be a deeply coded message.
"Today's Proverb: Lost? Confused? Lacking direction? Need to find a purpose in your life?"