- Adventure Archaeologist
- The Alleged Car: The taxi that takes the archaeologist to the adventure site.
- Buried Alive: Brains gets buried up to his neck by The Hood.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Hot Sub-on-Sub Action: after a brief battle, Thunderbird 4 hits and sinks The Hood's submarine.
- Incredibly Lame PunThe Hood: Ah, my friends are just in time. In fact...dead on time!
- It's Quiet... Too Quiet
- Obviously Evil: The disguise The Hood uses in this episode doesn't exactly make him seem trustworthy. Later in the episode, when he encounters Brains again, he doesn't even bother with the disguise.
- Too Dumb to Live: Brains going out on his own to make up for his earlier failure, while The Hood is still out there, and there's a "veritable swarm of Thunderbirds" around who would be willing to help? Some genius, that guy.
- Treasure Hunt
- Underwater Ruins: The temple on the bottom of the lake.
Recap / Thunderbirds S 1 E 8 Desperate Intruder
Tin Tin and Brains meet up with an archeologist friend to investigate the ancient temple at the bottom of Lake Anasta. While seemingly safe, they are in fact under observation by their old foe, the Hood. Using the unspeakable power of his glowing yellow eyes, the Hood attempts to torture the location of the temple's treasure out of Brains, but he's unable to do so before International Rescue turn up to save the day.However, determined to prove his theories correct and make amends for causing trouble, Brains sneaks out in the night and swims back to the temple, where he is again accosted by the Hood and left to die. Thunderbird 4 manages to rescue Brains before his air supply runs out, and while the Hood escapes, he's forced to do so without his treasure.