"Lisa Goes Gaga" contains examples of:
- Karma Houdini and Kids Are Cruel: The children of Springfield Elementary.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Lady Gaga, to near Uncanny Valley levels.
- Not Cheating Unless You Get Caught: Homer tried to comfort Lisa by saying her mistake wasn't ghostwriting positive messages about her but getting caught. Fortunately, Lisa, instead of listening to him, decided to once again benefit from the fact she can ignore him without it being a big loss.
- Sparkling Stream of Tears:Lisa: Are you crying glitter?
Lady Gaga: Tiny diamonds. Hurts like hell.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Lady Gaga wears 18 outfits in this episode.