Recap / The Simpsons S 18 E 7 Ice Cream Of Margie With The Light Blue Hair
Homer becomes the town's newest ice cream man after the old one dies and Homer once again is fired from his job at the nuclear plant. Meanwhile, Marge worries about not being as rich and successful as TV talk show host, Opal, so she gets into making statues out of Popsicle sticks.
- Accidental Murder: It's implied that the lactose intolerant boy died because of Homer's cruelty.
- Comically Missing the Point: Homer thinking intolerance is a bad thing while making a kid, who is lactose intolerant, eat an ice cream bar. When the kid starts to pass out and asks Homer to call the number on his medical alert brcelet, Homer makes fun of him for wearing a bracelet. Upon taking a closer look at the bracelet, Homer finally understands. In another scene, Homer is driving away from the kids and wondering what they want until he finally remembers he's selling ice cream.
- Exact Words: Krusty argued against being described as a "TV clown" because he also has a "one-man show" at Broadway. He calls it "one-man" because there's only one man in the audience, not one man on stage.
- Kick the Dog: Homer coldly forces the lactose intolerant boy to eat ice cream, and when the boy becomes ill, Homer mocks him for wearing a bracelet, and presuming the boy to be gay.
- Loophole Abuse: When Marge made a statue of Krusty the Clown, Krusty brought his lawyers to oppose displaying the statue with his name on the sign. She then changed it to "TV clown".
- Would Hurt a Child: Homer would force to make a lactose intolerant boy eat ice cream, and mock him after the boy begins to faint.