Recap: The Simpsons S 12 E 20 Children Of A Lesser Clod
Homer suffers a knee injury during a Springfield YMCA basketball game, and uses his free time to take care of the neighborhood kids after Flanders asks Homer to babysit Rod and Todd. Soon, he turns it into a daycare center and becomes a candidate for the Springfield Nice Guy Awards, while Bart and Lisa plot to expose Homer for the neglectful, abusive jerk he truly is.
- Abusive Parents: Bart and Lisa prove to the town what a monster Homer is by showing old home movies of him doing things like betting (and losing) Maggie in a poker game and chasing after Bart with a mace."I'LL MACE YOU GOOD!"
- Look, a Distraction!: Homer tries to run from Dr. Hibbert my shouting "Look, a bear!". Subverted; there actually was a bear.
- Noodle Incident: When did Homer chase after Bart with a mace (actually, a medieval flail) yelling, "I'll mace you good!" What did Bart do to deserve that kind of punishment?
- And how did Homer get Maggie back from Moe after losing her in a poker game?
- Mythology Gag: Homer insanely tells the kids he's kidnapping that they're going out from Frosty Chocolate Milkshakes, a reference to the Tracy Ullman Show Homer (or "Captain Wacky," according to the season seven retrospective "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular"), who always said, "Hey, let's go out for frosty, chocolate milkshakes!".
- Sophisticated as Hell: The society matron teaching a class on young male etiquette is married to a black gangsta rapper and tells Bart, "Good gracious, I should bust a cap in your ass!"