Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 SE 5 Hacking Stockman
Don is steadily becoming more and more obsessed with retrieving Master Splinter's data bits from cyber space. Meanwhile, his brothers have discovered that there is an ongoing civil war between the Purple Dragons and the Foot, and they must do something to contain it. But when the Cyber Shredder hacks into Stockman's new cyborg body and takes control of it Don's brothers find themselves up to their shells in trouble.
This episode provides examples of
- Big Damn Heroes: April at the start of the episode, Don at the end
- Call Back: this episode has Leo directly reference the "City at War" arc, and— in case that wasn't clear enough— there's also Don's response to him, which is oddly similar to Raphael's from "City at War"
Don: Sorry, but it's not my problem.
Raph: It's not our fight, Leo!
- Stockman also reappears as a head attached to a robot spider's body, a form he hasn't taken since the "Secret Origins" trio of episodes.
- Delaying Action: Raph, Mikey and Leo fight Shredder while Stockman tries to hack into his robot body's systems
- Enemy Civil War: The Purple Dragons and The Foot are back at war again
- Enemy Mine: When the Cyber Shredder takes control of Stockman's robotic body, Leo, Raph and Mikey work with Stockman to purge Shredder's code from his systems. Later, when Shredder's getting the upper hand, Stockman contacts Don for help, forcing the other to choose between rescuing Splinter's data bits or saving his brothers.
- Grand Theft Me: The plot of the episode