This episode provides examples of
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After the Dark Turtles get clobbered, Dark Mikey asks for a time out.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Splinter and Serling
- Bar Brawl: Splinter and Serling accidentally initiate one
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Darius Dun and Sh'Okanabo
- Bluff the Eavesdropper/ Batman Gambit: Darius tricks the Turtles into following his vehicle by deliberately pretending to have a suspicious phone call while they're within earshot.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Dark Mikey borrows "It's ninja time!"
- Call Back: Sh'Okanabo mentions that he previously obtained the DNA samples to make the dark clones of the Turtles. This was in "Night of Sh'Okanabo"
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: If the voices weren't enough of a give away, the Dark Turtles each have the skin color of their respective doubles' theme colors: all except for Dark Mikey, who has yellow skin instead of orange.
- Continuity Nod: The Dark Turtles' lair bears a strong resemblance to The Turtle's second lair from the first 3 and a half seasons, albeit corrupted to resemble its dark inhabitants
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Dark Turtles after the originals lose their weapons. The Turtles during the climax.
- Evil Is Dumb: Dark Raph and Mikey
- Mood Whiplash: As Sh'Okanabo boasts to Darius that his Dark Turtles can eliminate the real ones:Dark Mikey: It's ninja time, dude! [laughs maniacally]
[Sh'Okanabo casually smacks Dark Mikey's tube]
- No One Gets Left Behind: As the group flees, Dark Don grabs an unconscious Dark Leo and carries him away.
- The Psycho Rangers: The Dark Turtles.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Dark Turtles.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: How the Dark Turtles get away. Somewhat justified since they're split off from the Turtles by the collapsing lair