Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 6 E 12 Bad Blood
Sh'Okanabo offers Darius Dun an alliance, and the latter accepts when he hears that the alien has a plan to get rid of the Turtles. Setting up a trap, Dun leads the Turtles downtown, where they're ambushed by four uncannily familiar creatures...First appearance of the Dark Turtles
This episode provides examples of
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Splinter and Serling
- Bar Brawl: Splinter and Serling accidentally initiate one
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Darius Dun and Sh'Okanabo
- Bluff the Eavesdropper/ Batman Gambit: Darius tricks the Turtles into following his vehicle by deliberately pretending to have a suspicious phone call while they're within earshot.
- Call Back: Sh'Okanabo mentions that he previously obtained the DNA samples to make the dark clones of the Turtles. This was in "Night of Sh'Okanabo"
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: If the voices weren't enough of a give away, the Dark Turtles each have the skin color of their respective doubles' theme colors: all except for Dark Mikey, who has yellow skin instead of orange.
- Continuity Nod: The Dark Turtles' lair bears a strong resemblance to The Turtle's second lair from the first 3 and a half seasons, albeit corrupted to resemble its dark inhabitants
- Evil Is Dumb: Dark Raph and Mikey
- The Psycho Rangers: The Dark Turtles.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Dark Turtles.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: How the Dark Turtles get away. Somewhat justified since they're split off from the Turtles by the collapsing lair