Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 2 Demons And Dragons
The Acolytes continue their training with the Ninja Tribunal. Juto-Shisho grants them all mystic weapons - all except Leo, that is. Afterwards, they must retrieve the First Artifact for the fight against the Dark One.
This episode provides examples of
- Calling Your Attacks: The Turtles do this with their new weapons in the fight with the kappa tengu
- Dreaming of Things to Come/ Foreshadowing: Master Splinter's nightmare at the start of the episode
- Good Is Not Nice: The Ninja Tribunal. They don't care too much if the Turtles or their new human friends are injured on a mission. Splinter even calls them heartless monsters and says they're not any better than the Tengu Shredder's Foot Mystics. They do mellow out a little bit later, though.
- Hellish Horse: The Demon Shredder's demon horse
- Kappa: the creatures guarding the First Artifact, although they lack some of the characteristics of traditional kappa.
- Named Weapons: The Fangs of the Dragons.
- The Voiceless: Hisomi Shisho, as embodiment of Stealth, does not speak.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Splinter calls the Ninja Tribunal out for heartlessly ignoring Leo's wounds and even suggesting the Acolytes should have left him behind