Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 12 The Unconvincing Turtle Titan
Following their victory against the Shredder, Michelangelo yearns to use his fighting abilities to help others in the city, leading him to create his alter ego: Turtle Titan. While attempting to team-up with his superhero inspiration, Silver Sentry, Mikey must battle his hero's arch-nemesis, Dr. Malignus.First appearance of Silver Sentry
This episode provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: The first episode to focus primarily on Michelangelo.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Anyone under Dr. Malignus' insect-like devices.
- Breather Episode: Between the Turtles' very first battle against the Shredder and a three-part episode revolving around the origin of the Turtles' lair.
- Chekhov's Skill: The flipping technique Splinter makes the turtles go through (and Mikey ignores for the sake of creating his superhero gimmick) comes in handy during the climax.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Michelangelo.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Turtle Titan and Silver Sentry, though the latter is being mind-controlled.
- Superhero Episode: The first of many throughout the series.
- Take That: Mikey's grappling hook difficulties were probably a joke on how '87 Mikey lost the nunchucks in favor of the hook after they were deemed to 'violent'. Possibly a Take That, Us.
- The Adjectival Superhero: The title of this episode: "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan".
- You Watch Too Much X: When Mikey suggests the Turtles should become superheroes, Leo replies:Leo: Reading way too many comic books, Mikey.