Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 13 Notes From The Underground Part 1
While Donatello examines a pair of mysterious crystals, the lair's perimeter alarm is triggered after the crystals begin to glow. The Turtles investigate and find tracks indicating the presence of some unknown creature. These tracks lead them deep underground where they uncover an abandoned Foot Genetics lab.First appearance of Quarry, Stonebiter, Razorfist and the rest of the underground dwellers
This episode provides examples of:
- Apocalyptic Log: The Foot's video archives
- Deadly Road Trip: Specifically the kind where the group are trapped in a cave (alright, underground) and being pursued by monsters.
- Meaningful Echo: Michelangelo repeatedly echoes the line from the monster movie he was watching at the start of the episode. Later, the Foot Scientist in the video archives says the same line, only this time it applies to 'real life', not just a movie.
- Power Crystal/ Power Glows: the energy crystals
- Shout-Out: One of the monsters is a dead ringer for obscure Eastman/Laird character Carnage.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: The Foot's "volunteers" in the video archive footage.