Season 6, Episode 1
Exile On Main St.Written by Sera Gamble.Directed by Phil Sgriccia.Air Date: September 24, 2010.After a year of the domestic life, Dean starts to see signs of monsters in the neighborhood where he is living with Lisa Braeden and her son Ben.
Body countFor this episode = 3 humans and 2 djinn.For the series so far = At least 410 humans (of which 6 were witches), 73 demons, 33 ghosts, 19 zombies, 13 gods, 11 vampires, 10 angels, 9 hellhounds, 6 changelings, 3 djinn, 3 shapeshifters, 2 ghouls, 2 werewolves, 2 dogs, 1 crocotta, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- And This Is For...: A dijiin infects Dean with a lethal poison saying, "That's for our father, you son of a bitch", a reference to Lucifer, who created the demons and was sent back to Hell by Sam and Dean in the previous episode.
- Back from the Dead: Not that Sam was actually dead for the past year. Samuel, on the other hand... Subverted with Azazel: he was a hallucination.
- The Call Knows Where You Live
- Chick Magnet: Dean's friend expresses his envy when a waitress touches him up and leaves her phone number, despite Dean being loyal to Lisa. Subverted when she turns out to be the demon infecting him.
- Contrast Montage: The story opens with a montage showing Dean's life with Lisa and Ben and his life as a hunter with Sam.
- Foreshadowing / Not Himself: There's something a bit…off about Sam's behaviour.
- Guilt Complex
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: The reason Sam didn't tell Dean about him was because he wanted him to be able to live a normal life. Or so he says.
- Lack of Empathy: Dean thoughtlessly risked his life in a futile attempt to save his neighbours. Dean is surprised when Sam says he wouldn't do the same.
- Oh Crap!: Sulfur.
- One Steve Limit: We have two "Samuel"s in the story again, one of which (Sam Winchester) was named for the other (Samuel Campbell).
- Parental Substitute: Dean for Ben.
- Passing the Torch: Dean hands Sam the keys to the Impala, and is surprised when he's not interested, having set up his own car the way he likes.
- Properly Paranoid: Dean has a devil's trap hidden under the front door carpet, and keeps a shotgun and holy water under his bed.
- Suspiciously Apropos Music: The lyrics of "Beautiful Loser" by Bob Seger playing on Dean's radio alarm during the Contrast Montage.He wants to dream like a young man / With the wisdom of an old man / He wants his home and security / He wants to live like a sailor at sea.Beautiful loser / Where you gonna fall? / When you realize, you just can't have it all.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Dean has settled down, for a while.
- Time Skip: A year from the last episode.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Dean to Sam and Bobby for not telling him Sam was alive for a year.