Leslie Willis, a Metropolis shock jock, spends most of her program bashing Superman, in spite of the protests of some of the townsfolk. Then she tried to hold an anniversary celebration outside on a stormy night, ignoring the Man of Steel's warnings. A lightning bolt changes Leslie's power level, but not her hatred for Superman, and she becomes the most shocking
supervillain in town — Livewire.
- Baby Carriage: A mother loses her grip on her carriage, letting it roll away under the falling wrecking ball. Of course, Superman catches the wrecking ball.
- Description Cut: Leslie's comments opining that Superman isn't as great as he's made out to be are intercut with scenes of a heroic rescue that shows that, yes, he is.
- Dumbass DJ/Shock Jock: Leslie Willis prior to her transformation.
- The End... Or Is It?: Just before the credits, Livewire's eyes glow.
- Logical Weakness; The electrically-themed supervillainess cannot handle water.
- Never My Fault: Somehow her transformation is Superman's responsibility, in spite of the fact that he tried to warn her against holding a gathering in a thunderstorm.
- Pet the Dog: Luthor pays for Livewire's medical treatment at the end of the episode — although mostly because they both hate the Man of Steel.
- Psycho Electro: Leslie is understandably freaked out by her transformation. As soon as she starts getting used to her powers, she uses them to blackmail Metropolis and lash out at Superman.
- Ride the Lightning: Leslie discovers after her accident that she can travel via electrical sockets and wires.
- That Woman Is Dead:
Superman: Stand aside, Leslie Willis.
Livewire: My name is not Leslie Willis anymore. Meet her replacement: Livewire!
- Would Hit a Girl: Superman has tackled Livewire while trying to stop her from destroying the dam.
Livewire: At least we know you hit girls.