Leslie Willis, a Metropolis shock jock, spends most of her program bashing Superman, in spite of the protests of some of the townsfolk. Then she tried to hold an anniversary celebration outside on a stormy night, ignoring the Man of Steel's warnings. A lightning bolt changes Leslie's power level, but not her hatred for Superman, and she becomes the most shocking
supervillain in town — Livewire.
- Baby Carriage: A mother loses her grip on her carriage, letting it roll away under the falling wrecking ball. Of course, Superman catches the wrecking ball.
- Description Cut: Leslie's comments opining that Superman isn't as great as he's made out to be are intercut with scenes of a heroic rescue that shows that, yes, he is.
- Dumbass DJ/Shock Jock: Leslie Willis prior to her transformation.
- The End... Or Is It?: Just before the credits, Livewire's eyes glow.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Including turn people into lightning - though in that case it's implied that the lightning first passing through Superman had something to do with it.
- Logical Weakness; The electrically-themed supervillainess cannot handle water.
- Never My Fault: Somehow her transformation is Superman's responsibility, in spite of the fact that he tried to warn her against holding a gathering in a thunderstorm.
- Pet the Dog: Luthor pays for Livewire's medical treatment at the end of the episode — although mostly because they both hate the Man of Steel.
- Psycho Electro: Leslie is understandably freaked out by her transformation. As soon as she starts getting used to her powers, she uses them to blackmail Metropolis and lash out at Superman.
- Ride the Lightning: Leslie discovers after her accident that she can travel via electrical sockets and wires.
- Super Empowering: Accidentally; when Superman gets struck by lightning the electricity passes through him and hits Leslie Willis. His being part of the circuit not only causes her to survive, but somehow gives her electric powers.
- That Woman Is Dead:
Superman: Stand aside, Leslie Willis.
Livewire: My name is not Leslie Willis anymore. Meet her replacement: Livewire!
- Would Hit a Girl: Superman has tackled Livewire while trying to stop her from destroying the dam.
Livewire: At least we know you hit girls.