During a charity race, Superman meets the Flash, a speed-demon superhero. When they discover a villain plotting, can the two heroes work together to save the day?
This episode includes examples of the following tropes:
- Cain and Abel: Weather Wizard tries to kill his younger brother when he backs out of his mass-murdering plan.
- Composite Character: Although it is never stated which Flash is in this episode, he is confirmed to be Wally West in Justice League. His personality has a lot in common with Bart Allen and he has Barry Allen's day job as a forensic scientist.
- For Science!: Weather Wizard accuses his brother of being willfully blind and naive when he was building the weather control machine, as he always knew that the Wizard planned to use it for crime and did not care, only interested in the science. His brother, however, never believed he would really go this far, and abandons the machine once its threat becomes clear.
- Light Hearted Rematch: At the end, Superman and The Flash recognize that they never did determine who was the Fastest Man Alive and close the episode starting a private race. The winner is not revealed in the episode, but signs in the Flash Museum in the sequel series Justice League Unlimited indicate that the Flash was the victor.
- Not What I Signed On For: Weather Wizard's little brother abandons the weather control machine because, even though he always knew his brother would use it for a criminal scheme, he never thought it would involve murder and wholesale destruction.