The young are often underestimated.After successfully harvesting their crystals, the younglings are taught how to craft their lightsabers by Professor Huyang, an ancient and knowledgable droid who lives aboard the Jedi ship Crucible. However, their voyage is soon interrupted by Hondo Ohnaka's greedy pirate gang, who has his eyes set on the valuable lightsaber crystals.
- Air-Vent Passageway: The younglings and Huyang hide in the vents. Hondo Ohnaka, however, is wise to it and orders his men to drop smoke bombs into the vents.
- Chekhov's Gun: Huyang tells Petro off for assembling his lightsaber wrong by putting the crystal mount backwards, which means it will explode when activated. Petro later uses this against a pirate.
- Cliffhanger: Ahsoka is captured by the pirates, with the younglings left drifting in space when the episode ends.
- Continuous Decompression: Ahsoka's whole plan is based on this: first she orders the kids to seal themselves in the cockpit, and in the hold, then after she reboots the disabled engines, they tear the ship away from Hondo's vessel, rupturing the boarding tube, which causes the pirates to be sucked off the ship by the vacuum.
- Downer Ending: Although the attack on the ship is successfully averted, Ahsoka has been kidnapped after being knocked into Hondo's ship. Hondo then has her knocked out and plans to use her as profit, since he didn't get the lightsaber crystals. The younglings are left on their own, drifting on a heavily damaged ship.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Petro does this to a pirate after he, Huyang, Katooni, Byph and Gungi are smoked out of the ventilation system, by handing his lightsaber (which, thanks to his inexperience, is set to explode when activated) and he throws it to the big pirate who then activates and gets blown up (though he survives), which gives the opportunity for the younglings to run for it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Petro talks his friends into launching a counterattack, despite Ahsoka directly forbidding it, after being smoked out. It ultimately achieves nothing except necessitating Ahsoka to put herself at risk, which results in her capture.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Professor Huyang's speech is peppered with Yoda-like backwards sentences, as an indicator of how old he is.
- Who Dares?: Huyang to a pirate who shot his head and primary arms off, following it up with a Badass Boast as his remaining limbs beat the pirate down.Huyang: How dare you! I've lived aboard this ship for a thousand years, and never lost a fight, and I'm not about to start today!