Recap / Star Wars The Clone Wars S 5 E 6 The Gathering
Several Jedi younglings have to face their greatest challenge yet: obtaining Kyber crystals for themselves in order to build their own lightsabers. This has to be done before the doorway to the cave containing the crystals is frozen over, trapping them inside for several more rotations.
This episode provides examples of:
- Backdoor Pilot: The whole Younglings story arc was conceived of as a pilot movie for a potential Younglings spinoff, but was folded back into the main Clone Wars show after George changed his mind after test screenings.
- Hot-Blooded: Gungi. He gets better.
- It's All About Me: Petro. Like the latter, he gets better about it.
- Lovable Coward: Byph. He gets better, though.
- Secret Test of Character: What the children endured in the cave was this, as they were able to conquer their own weaknesses.
- Snowed-In: The children narrowly escape this fate at the end, though it turns out that it wouldn't have been a serious issue.