When we rescue others, we rescue ourselves.Although Ahsoka saved the younglings from Hondo's pirates, she was captured in the process, and their ship was heavily damaged. After Obi-Wan's rescue mission is thwarted by a surprise attack from General Grievous, the younglings discover that their ship will explode if they don't land soon and let the engines cool off, so they're left with one option: go to Florrum and rescue Ahsoka.
This episode provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Hondo Ohnaka, to the point where it is played for laughs.
- Badass in Distress: Continuing from the end of the previous episode, Ahsoka Tano.
- Chekhov's Skill: In the newsreel at the beginning of "The Gathering", the younglings were shown practicing acrobatic moves. They use these moves to con their way into a travelling circus as acrobats, so they can sneak inside Hondo's base and rescue Ahsoka.
- Circus Episode: The younglings join a circus to infiltrate Hondo's camp and rescue Ahsoka.
- Fanservice: The Twi'lek and Togruta girls working in the circus are dressed in rather revealing and form-fitting outfits.
- Took a Level in Badass: Grievous regains enough levels to put him on par with his Star Wars: Clone Wars incarnation; his fleet routs Obi-Wan's, and he tears his way through the clones and even pretty much curbstomps Obi-Wan himself, forcing him to flee. Obi-Wan gets the last laugh by having the ship self-destruct, however.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Ahsoka's reaction when she sees that the "Animal Instincts" are actually the younglings in disguise who came to rescue her (though she says it as "Oh no...").