Greed and fear of loss are the roots that lead to the tree of evil.Anakin and Ahsoka, onboard the Resolute, get a call for help from Jedi General Aayla Secura, who's outgunned and needs assistance. The Resolute jumps to the rescue, and Anakin and Ahsoka board gunships to rescue Aayla and her troops. Anakin has a ship dock in the lower hangar of Aayla's Jedi Cruiser so they can escape. As he, Ahsoka, Aayla, Rex, Commander Bly and some clone troopers are almost at the ship, Anakin is severely injured holding back an explosion with the Force to buy them some time. Ahsoka and Aayla drag him onboard, and the ship races back to the Resolute. Admiral Yularen tells Aayla they can't dock now, because the cruiser is under too much heavy fire. The ship ends up damaged enough that the hyperdrive suddenly activates without warning, taking the ship away. Yularen gives orders to finish up the battle as soon as they can, so they can search for the Jedi. A couple days later, Anakin is in a coma and they're still stuck in hyperspace when a problem arises: due to the damage to the hyperdrive, the ship is on a direct collision course with a star. Ahsoka and Bly are forced to cut the ship's power completely in order to drop out of hyperspace. It's a close rush to turn the ship away from the star, and the ship is too damaged to continue, and crash-lands on the planet Maridun. Everyone manages to get off before the ship explodes due to the damage, but Anakin is still too injured to be moved. The decision is made that Rex will stay to watch Anakin at the crash site, while Ahsoka, Aayla, Bly and the other clones will go in search of help, as night falls. Bly discovers a piece of wood carved with the image of a tree, and Ahsoka suggests that they should head for the nearest trees, as the residents of the planet may live near them. Once Ahsoka, Aayla, Bly and the other clones reach the trees, they find that the dangers of the large seed pods falling and crushing someone mean there's no one there, but there are tracks where people dragged them away. Aayla decides they will follow the tracks. Shortly thereafter, Aayla's group have a run-in with several Mastiff Phalones, the planet's apex predator, in which three clone troopers are killed, leaving Ahsoka, Aayla and Bly. One of them attacks the crash site, too, waking Anakin up before Rex could chase it off, injuring his arm in the process. Shortly after sunrise, they arrive at a small village of Lurmen. The headman, Tee Watt Kaa, is not happy to see them, because the village is a colony of Actual Pacifists who moved to Maridun to avoid the war. His son Wag Too, the village healer, on the other hand, is willing to help, but Kaa won't let him go unless one of the Jedi stays behind as collateral, in this case Aayla. Ahsoka, Bly and Wag Too get back to the crash site just in time to save Anakin and Rex from another Mastiff Phalone. Everyone heads back to the village, Anakin being carried on a stretcher by Ahsoka and Bly. Anakin wakes up briefly, confused by all the Lurmen looking at him, and is taken to the healer's hut to be patched up. As the episode ends, Ahsoka and Aayla talk about how long they'll be on Maridun.
- Actual Pacifist: The Lurmen colony. Their entire reason for living on Maridun is to get away from the war.
- Conveniently Close Planet: In keeping with Clone Wars tradition, after their ship nearly flies into a star, Maridun is right there to crash on.
- Cut the Juice: Aayla shuts down the power to prevent the ship from colliding with Maridun's sun while in hyperspace.
- Feathered Fiend: The Mastiff Phalones are vicious predators which attack and try to kill anything they come across. However, they look like flightless griffins.
- Hurl It into the Sun: Nearly happens due to the damaged hyperdrive, but Ahsoka and Bly manage to make the ship drop out of hyperspace before it can.
- The Metric System Is Here to Stay: A rare aversion. This episode features one of only two occasions in The Clone Wars — the other being Season 2's "The Deserter" — where Imperial measurements are used.
Aayla Secura: [to Tee Watt Kaa] Our ship crashed a few miles away and one of us is very badly injured.
- No Gravity for You: When the ship's power is completely shut off, so is the gravity, which causes some problems when Aayla's attempting to switch the power back on — Rex's handhold breaks and he slams into her, causing her to lose her grip on the power switch.
- Off Model: There's one shot in the ship's cockpit where Rex's kama is missing. Not the first time that's happened, either.
- Oh, Crap!: Aayla and Bly, when the hyperdrive is activated. Yularen, as well, who orders that the Resolute perform evasive maneuvers to get out of the ship's way.
- Outrun the Fireball: Everyone has to do this to get off the wrecked ship before it explodes. Ahsoka and Aayla, carrying Anakin, were the last ones off.
- Red Shirt: Three of them, actually — the clone troopers who get killed by the Mastiff Phalones.
- We Have Reserves: The tactical droid leading the assault at the beginning doesn't care that there are still hundreds of droids on board when it gives the order to destroy Aayla's cruiser.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The escape cruiser has two clone pilots. One is killed when the ship is damaged. The other simply vanishes into thin air.