Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 04 E 20 Shattered Mirror
In a spectacular display of Genre Blindness, Sisko introduces Mirror!Jennifer to Jake. Who is promptly kidnapped so the Terran Rebels can force Sisko to assist in building their own version of the Defiant.
- Aside Glance: Sisko gives a brief one to the camera when it sounds like Mirror!O'Brien is guilt-tripping him into staying and helping with the battle.
- Attack Pattern Alpha: Played with. Mirror!O'Brien isn't in Starfleet, so he doesn't know the attack patterns that Sisko orders.
- When Sisko orders the Defiant to attack Mirror!Worf's flagship directly, O'Brien calls it "Pattern Suicide."
- David Versus Goliath: The Defiant and a fighter versus Mirror!Worf's flagship. Guess who wins.
- Easily Forgiven: Mirror!Jennifer, as far as Jake's concerned.
- Genre Blind: A mirror universe resident just pops by for a visit? Why not leave your son alone with her?
- He Knows Too Much: Why Mirror!Kira shoots Mirror!Nog.
- I Have Your Son: How the rebels force Sisko's cooperation.
- Instant Death Bullet: Nog shot from far away? Dead as a doornail. Jennifer shot point blank? Survives long enough for a token dramatic death.
- Kidnapping is Such an Ugly Word
- A Lady on Each Arm: How Mirror!Nog is introduced. He offers to share one with Jake.
- My Fist Forgives You: Mirror!Bashir punches Sisko as repayment for Sisko having punched him last time. Similarly, Mirror!Dax slaps Sisko for sleeping with her under false pretenses.
- Slave Collar: Mirror!Worf keeps Mirror!Garak in one.
- Taking the Bullet: Mirror!Jennifer takes a phaser shot from Mirror!Kira meant for Jake.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Mirror!Kira laughs off the Electric Torture.
- Unfinished, Untested, Used Anyway: The Mirror Defiant.