- Aside Glance: Sisko gives a brief one to the camera when it sounds like Mirror!O'Brien is guilt-tripping him into staying and helping with the battle.
- Attack Pattern Alpha: Played with. Mirror!O'Brien isn't in Starfleet, so he doesn't know the attack patterns that Sisko orders.
- When Sisko orders the Defiant to attack Mirror!Worf's flagship directly, O'Brien calls it "Pattern Suicide."
- Casual Danger Dialogue: During Mirror!Bashir and Mirror!Dax's Big Damn Heroes moment:Bashir: Aren't you going to welcome me back?
O'Brien: I never thought I'd be happy to hear your voice.
Dax: You'll get over it.
- David Versus Goliath: The Defiant and a fighter versus Mirror!Worf's flagship. Guess who wins.note
- Easily Forgiven: Mirror!Jennifer, as far as Jake's concerned.
- Genre Blind: A mirror universe resident just pops by for a visit? Why not leave your son alone with her?
- He Knows Too Much: Why Mirror!Kira shoots Mirror!Nog.
- I Have Your Son: How the rebels force Sisko's cooperation.
- Instant Death Bullet: Nog shot from far away? Dead as a doornail. Jennifer shot point blank? Survives long enough for a token dramatic death.
- Kidnapping is Such an Ugly Word
- A Lady on Each Arm: How Mirror!Nog is introduced. He offers to share one with Jake.
- My Fist Forgives You: Mirror!Bashir punches Sisko as repayment for Sisko having punched him last time. Similarly, Mirror!Dax slaps Sisko for sleeping with her under false pretenses.
- Mythology Gag: One of Mirror!Worf's lines:
- Scotty Time: It took two weeks to overhaul the structural integrity field on the Defiant. Sisko has four days to do the same to the Mirror Defiant—and in an interesting bit of role reversal, it's O'Brien's Mirror counterpart giving Sisko the deadline.
- Slave Collar: Mirror!Worf keeps Mirror!Garak in one.
- Taking the Bullet: Mirror!Jennifer takes a phaser shot from Mirror!Kira meant for Jake.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Mirror!Kira laughs off the Electric Torture.
- Unfinished, Untested, Used Anyway: The Mirror Defiant.
- Ungrateful Bitch: Mirror!Nog helps Mirror!Kira escape from her cell—and she shoots him so that he can't talk.
- We Will Meet Again: Before fleeing, Mirror!Kira decides to spare Jake when she learns he's our Sisko's son."Well, in that case, give your father a message for me: tell him I spared your life. That's a debt I intend to collect."
- "You're Not My Type": Mirror!Worf's response to Mirror!Garak's comment that as much as he hated Mirror!Kira, he was at least able to "please her" (clearly sexually).
Recap / Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 04 E 20 Shattered Mirror
In a spectacular display of Genre Blindness, Sisko introduces Mirror!Jennifer to Jake. Who is promptly kidnapped so the Terran Rebels can force Sisko to assist in building their own version of the Defiant.