The fourth episode of The Ren and Stimpy Show
Ren and Stimpy, once again penniless, disguise themselves as dalmatians, and sign up for the fire department. With an Ax-Crazy
fire chief as just the tip of the icing, they realize that this job is more than they bargained for.The Littlest Giant
Stimpy once again insists on reading a bedtime story; this time he is a giant who, after being mocked and bullied by bigger, mean giant cats, decides to run away, and after unwittingly helping a resident of Thumbsville, "Wee Ren", befriends this tiny farmer.
Fire Dogs contains examples of...
- Ass in a Lion Skin: Ren and Stimpy pass themselves off as Dalmatians.
- Chekhov's Gag: Sorta. Earlier, Stimpy gives Ren his last grain of kitty litter. Later, he puts out a fire with a whole helicopter full of it.
- I Ate What?: Ren is starving, so Stimpy gives him what looks like a small crumb which he had been saving. After chewing it with relish, Ren asks what it was, and Stimpy reveals it was his last grain of kitty litter. Ren screams, tries to spit it out, and then hits Stimpy with his litter box.
- Kiss of Life: Ren gets CPR from Mrs. Buttloaves. He gets one look and her face and faints again.
- Polka Dot Paint: Ren uses Dalmatian paint to disguise Stimpy and himself. One stroke and they are covered in black spots.
- Urine Trouble: Implied at the end, when a long line of dogs (and the ugly lady who was rescued from the burning building) waiting to relieve themselves on Ren and Stimpy's fire hydrant-shaped trophy.
- Why did it Have to be Heights?
The Littlest Giant contains examples of...
- Big Brother Bully: Giant Stimpy's big brothers make fun of him for not being as big as they are.
- Disproportionate Reward: A grateful Stimpy gets Ren to do a number of bizarre tasks like plucking his eyelids and shaving his tongue.
- Gentle Giant: Stimpy. His older brothers, not so much.
- Leitmotif: Stimpy's "sad scene" leitmotif, Debussy's Clair De Lune, makes its debut on the show.
- Ocular Gushers: Giant Stimpy cries enough tears to fill Wee Ren's well, saving his farm.