- Cool vs. Awesome: Past vs. Future with a gorgonopsid vs. Predator past wins.
- Dream Within a Dream: We get it Claudia, gorgonopsids are scary.
- Mama Bear / Papa Wolf: The Predator parents.
- Most Annoying Sound: This episode has more uses of the Wilhelm Scream than any other.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Cutter insisting that the Predators are far too dangerous to be kept alive and have to be destroyed.
- Stable Time Loop: The camp the team make in the Permian turns out to be the camp they found in the first episode.
- Villainous Rescue: The gorgonopsid comes charging in just in time to engage and the last of the adult Predators.
- Wham Episode: We meet the very for creature from the future, which is also the series' first entirely ficitious one, and, at the end of the episode, it's implied the events that happened in the past altered the future and erased Claudia from existence.
- Wham Shot: In the Permian, Cutter takes a picture of Helen, for the memories. The wham part? It's the same one he found at the camp in the very first episode.
- Wham Line: At the very end:Cutter: Where's Claudia?
Cutter: Where's Claudia Brown?
Lester: I don't know anyone of that name.
- Worf Effect: The Predator's first victim is a lion at the zoo.
- This is oh-so-Averted in the battle between the Future Predator and the gorgonopsid, though: the fight is very even, with both sides getting in some good hits, and the gorgonopsid is the one that ends up winning.
Recap / Primeval S 1 E 6
The Forest of Dean anomaly reopens, and people start vanishing at an alarming rate. Helen turns up and says they're being invaded by a creature unlike anything the world has ever seen - a highly evolved predatory bat from the future. Things get worse when they discover a brood of infants. After killing the parent, Helen and Nick agree to take the young through the Permian anomaly, to find the gateway to the future and stop any more from coming through. But their forays into the past could have catastrophic consequences.