Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 08 Hercules Unchained
Film watched: Hercules Unchained
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of:
- Genius Bonus: At the title, Servo starts singing, "Oh, Hercules, my darling..."note
- It's Been Done: By Steve Allen, no less; Joel invents the Steve-O-Meter which detects whether a given idea has already been thought of by Steve Allen. Turns out Steve already thought of the Steve-O-Meter too.
- Love Potion: In parody of the film's Waters Of Forgetfulness, Joel and the 'bots partake of the (Bottled) Water Of Forgetfulness, the Carob Shake Of Pretentiousness, the Dairy Queen Blizzard Of Loneliness(I found a quartah!), the Fruit Stripe Gum Of Stability, and the Green Bean And French Onion Casserole Of Happiness.
- Shaped Like Itself:Hercules: I'm so sleepy I can't seem to keep awake!Servo: Uh, that'd be the definition of "sleepy".
Ulysses: Iím telling you it must be Anteus, son of the earth goddess!Joel: Thatís who he said he was! (For the record, Anteus stated who he was four times, and said he was the son of Poseidon the sea god, too.)
- When facing Anteus:
- The Talk: Crow and Servo try to get Joel to do this, although it's implied that they're just trying to make him feel awkward.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 04 Teenagers From Outer Space Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 92 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 20 The Unearthly
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 07 The Killer Shrews Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 09 The Indestructible Man