- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: For all Eliot's frequent complaining about and bickering with Hardison, he bolts to help get the casket open and promptly grabs him for an emphatic bearhug the moment he's out, proving how much he really cares.
- Buried Alive: As leverage against the team to get them more fake IDs, the cartel buries Hardison. His teammates spend much of the episode desperately trying to find him before it's too late.
- Cannot Spit It Out:
- Parker tells Hardison to hold on because... he's her friend.
- Later, when he's unburied, she just turns away, unable to say anything at all.
- Description Cut: When talking to Parker, Sophie compares jumping off buildings to falling in love. Cut to Hardison.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Sophie calls Darlene's scam of stealing from dying people and their families the cruelest grift in the book and says that even she never crossed that line.
- Hit You So Hard, Your X Will Feel It!: Eliot gripes that he's going to hit Hardison - whose information has caused Eliot to turn up dressed as an ex-con to a police funeral full of uniformed officers - "so hard your ancestors feel it."
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Humorously inverted at the abovementioned police funeral. After Eliot pulls out an impromptu excuse that he was undercover at a drug sting and didn't have time to change into uniform as an excuse for why he's at a cop funeral dressed like a thug, one of the officers steps forward and offers him a flask, clearly believing that this trope is in effect.
- In Medias Res: A particularly suspenseful one, considering that the episode starts with Hardison discovering he's been buried alive, then immediately goes into How We Got Here.
- Last Name Basis: Averted. Usually, the characters call Hardison by that name, his last name. Parker, however, tells Alec to hold on.
- Single Tear: Hardison, on discovering he's been buried alive.
- True Companions: If the boys' hugging when Hardison is unburied doesn't get to you, nothing will.
Recap / Leverage S 04 E 07 The Grave Danger Job
Team Leverage is taking down a funeral home whose managers are running several different scams. Unfortunately, one of those scams involves a ruthless drug cartel who take revenge against the team by burying Hardison alive!