Recap / Family Guy S 8 E 2 Family Goy
October 4, 2009
When Lois thinks she has a lump on her breast, she goes to Dr. Hartman to see if it's breast cancer. It turns out she doesn't, but when Hartman looks through her family records, he shows Lois that her mother was a Holocaust survivor, revealing that she is Jewish.
"Family Goy" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- All Jews Are Cheapskates: Lampshaded with the Cash Lure mentioned below, but played straight with the revelation that Grandma Hebrewberg's original name was Hebrewbergmoneygrabber.
- Call-Back: This marks the second appearance of Max Weinstein from "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein". Although since that episode went unaired for a long time and wasn't shown in some syndication loops prior to August 2010, it could count as Continuity Lockout for some.
- Cash Lure: Carter tries to attract Lois and Barbara with one of these so he can squirt them with a water gun. They don't fall for it, but he squirts them anyway.
- Dirty Cop: Not only does he not arrest Peter for shooting at Mort (for simply being Jewish), Joe also shoots at Mort — and it's all as a friendly "good morning" (as Mort resignedly says)!
- Hypocritical Humor: Brian agrees with Jesus that all religions are crap.
- Matzo Fever: Parodied with Peter, which lasts until his dream with Francis' ghost.
- Shown Their Work: Stewie's prayer at the Seder is a real Jewish prayer.
- Special Edition Title: A sendup of Superfriends.