Peter steals a parrot from the vet's office and pretends he's a pirate, leading to a car fight with a British driver. Meanwhile, Chris has a crush on an intern who works at the vet.
This episode contains examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Peter chastises Chris for treating Anna like a human being and says that acting like a bad boy will be a first-class ticket to sex. It backfires and she breaks up with him. But he apologizes to her in the end, and she forgives him.
- Halfway Plot Switch: The first half is about Peter adopting a parrot and becoming a mock pirate, while the second half is Peter trying to help Chris find a girlfriend after he ruins one of his dates.
- I Knew It: Lois says this when Chris says his date failed because of Peter's bad advice and says that his isn't the first life he screwed up, which triggers a Cutaway Gag revealing Peter murdered Nicole Brown-Simpson.
- Innocent Innuendo: Lois is surprised when Chris tells her that Anna "took a dump" on him, but is relieved when he tells her that he meant "break up".
- Noodle Incident: Quagmire apparently had sex with a crossing guard that he later found out was twelve years old.
- Overly Long Gag: Peter trying to pick up the dead bullfrog and throw it out Chris' window without touching it with his hands.
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late: Provides the page image.
- Suspiciously Similar Song/Shout-Out: during the scene where Peter and his pirate buddies give chase to a British guy, the music that plays in the background is similar in tune and pace to the theme for Fox's Peter Pan and The Pirates.
- It's actually the theme to The Sea Hawk, which inspired Peter Pan and the Pirates' theme.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: To make Brian sick to have an excuse to see Anna again, he makes Brian vomit by lifting Meg's shirt up.