Recap: Family Guy S 4 E 16 The Courtship Of Stewies Father
Lois mistakes Stewie's drawings of her being killed for him not being around Peter enough, so she tells Peter to bond with Stewie, which they do, by pranking Lois constantly. Meanwhile, Chris accidentally breaks Herbert's window playing baseball and has to do chores, much to the old man's delight. He even fantasizes himself as Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors
with Chris as Seymour.
This episode contains examples of:
- Comically Missing the Point: When Lois sees drawings of Stewie violently murdering her, she comes to this conclusion: there aren't any pictures of Peter, so they should spend more time together. The teacher concurs.
- Executive Meddling: The DVD commentary for this episode reveals that the network took a lot of issue with the subplot of Chris doing chores for Herbert the pedophile and constantly asks them to tone it down. While the end result did give Herbert a more human side (showing that, as much as he lusts after Chris, he does care about him and tries not to take advantage of him), one could also argue that this was out of character and the end result of the censors telling MacFarlane and company what they could and couldn't allow (which is mentioned on the commentary) and that the season 11 episode "Chris Cross" (in which Chris runs away to Herbert's house after Meg blackmails him) got away with more.
- Motor Mouth: Stewie's reaction about going to Disney World.
- Overly Long Gag: Peter and Stewie laughing as they kidnap Lois, lock her in the car, drown her, hitchhike home, stop at a McDonald's (or some kind of diner or fast-food restaurant), and come home. According to DVD commentary, Seth MacFarlane did the laughing for both Peter and Stewie in one take and it tired him immensely. He promised never to do that again, which explains why on the American Dad episode "The Weiner of Our Discontent"note , a similar sequence where Stan laughs at Roger on their way home from the airport was undercut with a scene of Steve and his nerd friends going to Toshi's house.
- Take That
- The third act is this for Disney in general. For example...
- One of the rides is called the "Disney Stock Ride", which sends the rider plunging down.
- One of the lost kids forced to sing on the Tiny World ride says if Stewie doesn't sing, he'll be put in "a Christmas movie with Tim Allen".
- Trapped in a Sinking Car: Peter and Stewie do this to Lois as a prank. Fortunately, Lois survives, and when she gets back home, she is not happy with them at all.