Seven years pass after the events on Tenrou Island and a lot has changed both in the world and Fairy Tail since the S-Class participants went missing with the island. However there could be a faint chance that both the island and them weren't destroyed after all.
The Seven Years Arc
has the following tropes:
- Babies Ever After / Happily Married: Bisca and Alzack finally tied the knot and now have a young daughter, Asuka.
- Hot Mom: Bisca barely seems to have aged any.
- Big Damn Heroes: Natsu preventing one of the Twilight Ogre goons from harming Romeo. Leading to...
- They're Back: The S-Class Candidates finally return after being asleep in the Fairy Sphere for seven years.
- Killed Off for Real: Jude Heartfilia.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Makarov's little "talk" with Twilight Ogre.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Lucy to her father.
- Passing the Torch: Subverted, Marakov tries to name Gildarts as the new successor but he turns it down and renames Marakov the next guild master much to Marakov's dismay.
- Rip Van Winkle: The S-Class Participants find themselves in this state (sans the aging).
- Time Skip
- Year Outside, Hour Inside: How the Fairy Sphere works. Mavis managed to activate it and prevent the island from being destroyed, but in doing so put everyone on the island into a deep sleep for seven years.