Recap: Death Note Ep 26 Renewal
The first half of the episode is a recap from L about the events. The second half shows the Kira Task Force discussing what to do now that L is dead. They suggest on having Light as the new L.
This episode provides examples of:
- Antagonist in Mourning: Light seems very despondent now that L is dead. He even goes so far as to hallucinate L sitting next to him, speaking to him.
- Back for the Dead: The Yotsuba board members, trying to atone for the past, are brutally murdered by Light.
- The con-man and the thief who worked closely with L and the team are just as viciously killed.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Light
- Evil Overlooker: Light stands on the roof of taskforce headquarters with Ryuk, overlooking his "New World."
- Hired to Hunt Yourself: Light is made the new L.
- Hollywood Hacking: Light deletes most of L's findings on the Kira case.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Light asks Misa to move in with him.
- Morality Chain: Now that he's regained his memories and L is dead there is NOTHING holding Light back now and so he throws himself into his "work" like never before.
- Posthumous Character: L
- Recap Episode: The first half.
- Thanatos Gambit: L had a deadman's switch set up to inform Wammy's House in the event of his death. Also L had previously suggested that in the event of his death Light be made the new L.
- Time Skip
- Victory Is Boring: Light just doesn't know what to do with himself now that L is dead. There's no more challenging mind games to intrigue him and it's back to taking out the trash.