Recap: Death Note Ep 19 Matsuda
Tired of being treated like crap by the hands of Light, Misa, L, Soichiro, and Aizawa, Matsuda has decided to do something to prove himself of being useful.While trying to help Misa with film shooting, he abandons her so he can sneak into Yotsuba. At the same time, the Kira Task Force are having a problem with a detective named Eraldo Coil who is hired by Yotsuba to find L. It turns out L is really Coil. He tells the team not to tell this to anyone.As Matsuda sneaks in, he eavesdrops on the meeting by the door. Soon, this door opens up, showing his presence. He is in big trouble. Watari contacts L about this, forcing the latter to change his plans for the investigation.
Tropes used in this episode:
- A Day in the Limelight
- Covert Pervert: L had cameras installed everywhere even the bathroom to which Matsuda escaped the party to make his call.
- Faking the Dead: Matsuda, to escape Yotsuba Kira.
- Honey Trap: L sends Misa and the girl's from her acting agency to distract the Yotsuba eight.
- How Much Did You Hear?
- I Was Just Joking: Hatori said this after he says out loud of leaving Yotsuba. This doesn't spare his life, though.Hatori: No, wait! I was only joking! It's not like that!
- Mundane Made Awesome: This episode features epic shots of toilet paper accompanied by Ominous Latin Chanting.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Hatori attempts on doing this. This is what got him killed.