Recap: Death Note Ep 08 Glare
At night, the Kira Task Force are looking into the surveillance into Penber at the train station. While doing so, Matsuda and Aizawa have tired eyes. They ended up noticing that before Penber's death, he's looking into someone who is in the train before the door closes down. To top it off, he's carrying an envelope. Just then, Watari gets a call from Ukita about information on the Kira case so L orders him to call him through Matsuda's phone. As he calls, L uses the name "Suzuki", and the news is about Naomi Misora. It turns out they have history together since "B.B. Murders Los Angeles" case.
While Matsuda and Aizawa said that she's dead because Penber died, L believes otherwise as she has great inner strength. But he wonders if Kira got to her. As a result, L has ordered surveillance cameras to be placed all over the houses of Kitamura and Chief Yagami, despite Matsuda and Aizawa's warnings that is a violation of humans rights. The chief gives out the order, despite all this. He started to rant to the two about it, and Matsuda apologizes for it, but Soichiro apologizes as well.
This episode provides examples of:
- Covert Pervert: L agrees-the cameras should be installed everywhere.
- Crazy-Prepared: Light kept a mini TV hidden in a bag of potato chips just in case he was ever put under surveillance.
- Infraction Distraction: Light buys porn so his father and the investigators will think that's why he's checking if people enter his room.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Light takes a potato chip AND EATS IT!
- Properly Paranoid: Light puts a scrap of paper in the door as an obvious tell, leaves his door handle ajar, and sets up a piece of pencil lead so that it will break if someone enters his room.
- To Be Lawful or Good: The taskforce struggles with the moral dilemma presented when L wants to illegally install cameras and wiretaps in the Yagami and Kitamura homes.