Recap / Death Note Ep 07 Overcast
While Light is walking with Penber's fiancée's, he has thought about what she said about Kira is true. Therefore, he has no choice but to kill her. He requests to get started at the investigation together so he uses a page of the Death Note to get details of the highjacking of the bus when in fact he started writing her name and cause of death. At the same time, L and the group got news that Watari is arriving at the moment.
Light waits for 40 seconds for the woman to die, but suddenly, she doesn't follow orders by saying that Kira will be captured. This gets him confused as to why isn't she doing what he had wrote down; at the same time, he's confused of why Ryuk can't stop laughing at her name
. This hits him with a revelation: it's just an alias and that is the reason for his continuous laughing. Light realizes that since she believes Penber was killed because he showed his ID to Kira, she would keep her true identity a secret.
Tropes used in this episode:
- Bastardly Speech: Light gives a very convincing one to Naomi about how awesome working together on the taskforce is going to be.
- Black Comedy: 1) watching Light panic when Naomi doesn't die. 2) Light's Evil Gloating is Actually Pretty Funny (sick and twisted, but funny).
- The Charmer: Light resorts to using this method of manipulation out of desperation.
- Death by Secret Identity
- Driven to Suicide: or rather WRITTEN to suicide.
- Dropped A Bridge On Her
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Naomi has this as her death starts.
- Evil Gloating: Light after writing Naomi's name down.
Naomi: If you don't mind me asking, why do you keep checking your watch?
Light: Oh... this? It's because I'm Kira.
- The Hyena: Ryuk just can't stop laughing at Penber's fiancée's secret identity.
- Laughing Mad: Ryuk does it when Naomi says she's really determined in catching Kira, not caring about what happens to her.
- Kick the Dog: Light killing Naomi Misora. He even twists the knife by offering his cell phone to call Soichiro, knowing full well there's nothing she can do.
- Manipulative Bastard: Light.
- Oh, Crap!: Naomi after learning Light is Kira.
- Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Death: It's right there in the episode name.
- Secret Identity: This is how the investigation team will be able to defend themselves from Kira. Also, "Shoko Maki". And, naturally, Light is Kira and worried about his identity being exposed.
- Shut Up, Kirk!: Light monologues this to Ryuk when he started to pressure him on having Shinigami eyes.
- Snow Means Death: As soon as Naomi gives out her real name to Light and her death commences, snow falls.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: "My father's phone might be available now, do you want to talk to him?" You can even hear Brad Swaile have a mocking tone to his voice as he says it.
- Stalker Without A Crush: Light takes to following Naomi around as he tries to figure out how to kill her before she passes her information on.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Aizawa opens up his umbrella when it begins to snow and so just misses seeing Light and Naomi Misora together.
- Vasquez Always Dies: Naomi is literally killed off for being too competent.
- Villainous Breakdown: Light has a mild one in his Inner Monologue-you can hear his rising panic when "Shoko Maki" doesn't die because she used an alias.