Helen and Jake instate a "Family Court" after both Daria and Quinn get in trouble for staying out past curfew. Meanwhile, the students of Lawndale High prepare for the upcoming Teachers vs. Classic Rock DJ roller hockey game, in the hopes that Mr. DeMartino will suffer a heart attack like he did last year.
This episode provides examples of:
- Captivity Harmonica: Daria takes up playing just to annoy the crap out of her parents.
- Just Here for Godzilla: In-Universe. The students go to "Radio DJs vs Teachers in rollerblades" not because of the event, but because everyone are betting on Mr. DeMartino having a stroke during the game.
- Side Bet: There's a big Bet Pool on when Mr. DeMartino will be out of the game, where even Jodie placed her bet. Andrea lost it when he had a second breath.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:Jake: You guys must have really been burning the midnight oil last night!Quinn: We weren't burning anything!
- You Are Grounded: Jake and Helen drag the girls through an elaborate family court just to ground them for a month anyways.