Helen and Jake instate a "Family Court" after both Daria and Quinn get in trouble for staying out past curfew. Meanwhile, the students of Lawndale High prepare for the upcoming Teachers vs. Classic Rock DJ roller hockey game, in the hopes that Mr. DeMartino will suffer a heart attack like he did last year.
This episode provides examples of:
- Captivity Harmonica: Daria takes up playing just to annoy the crap out of her parents.
- Dancing Bear: In-Universe. The students go to "Radio DJs vs Teachers in rollerblades" not because of the event, but because everyone are betting on Mr. DeMartino having a stroke during the game.
- Epic Fail: "Family Court" as an attempt to discipline Daria and Quinn is a miserable failure after Daria points out how much time and effort Helen and Jake would have to put to make sure it sticks, which is time Daria would use to drive them nuts.
- Noodle Incident: Ms. Barch beats up one of the DJs exclaiming "It's payback time, Randy!" It's not mentioned as to what she's getting payback for.
- Side Bet: There's a big Bet Pool on when Mr. DeMartino will be out of the game, where even Jodie placed her bet. Andrea lost it when he had a second breath.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:Jake: You guys must have really been burning the midnight oil last night!Quinn: We weren't burning anything!
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Daria crafted a complex plan to escape from home to see the match. She recorded herself playing the armonica, and will leave it playing at her room, and will escape from the windows in the moment that the street police is not watching. While she explained the plan to Jane, both Helen and Jake called, they will come home late. Jane, change of plans: just pick Daria up, at the front door.
- You Are Grounded: Jake and Helen drag the girls through an elaborate family court just to ground them for a month anyways.