Recap: Cowboy Bebop Session 19 Wild Horses
Spike goes to take his ship, the Swordfish, to his mechnic friend, Doohan who also was the one to give him the ship in the past, to get it overhauled. While the rest of the Bebop crew try to take down some hackers.
- Banned Episode: This episode was pulled for a time after the Columbia shuttle's disastrous re-entry in 2003, in probably one of the few episodes that wasn't affected by 9/11-based editing.
- Big Damn Heroes: Doohan and Miles showing up in an old space shuttle to save Spike.
- Grumpy Old Man: Doohan
- Hoist By Their Own Petard: One of the hackers' spikes is sent flying back at them and hits their ship. Causing it to go out of control and killing them when it crashes into a meteor.
- In the Hood / Cool Shades: Two of the hackers are spotting this.
- Internal Reveal: Doohan is doing something in his garage, and the viewer is the only one who doesn't know. It makes the climax in which Doohan rescues Spike with the motherflippin' Columbia, yes the old space shuttle, that he's been fixing up all that more awesome.
- Macross Missile Massacre: The hackers pull this when they can't initially get a bead on Spike.
- Reentry Scare: After Spike get hit with a computer virus, his ship is sent plummeting toward Earth. Jet works out a plan to save him but it relys on Spike's piloting skills to pull off. He actually manages to do well..until the landing gears falls off, sending his ship off balance. Done again at the end of the episode when it seems the Columbia starts to malfunction as it's returning to Earth. But the end of the episode shows they made it out okay.
- Shout-Out: Fitting in with the baseball theme, the hackers are named George, Herman, and Ruth. Which of course is the real name of the legendary baseball player, Babe Ruth.
- Taking the Bullet: When the hackers ship crashes into the meteors, its sends spears loaded with the computer virus all over the place. Spike pilots the Swordfish to intercept a few so it won't hit the Bebop.