Recap: Courage The Cowardly Dog S 1 E 4 The Demon In The Matress Freaky Fred
The Demon in the Mattress
Courage orders a special mattress so that Muriel can sleep confy at night. However, when the mattress arrives, it comes with a complimentary demon, who latches to Muriel's body.Freaky Fred
A relative of Muriel's has come to the farmhouse for a visit. This relative, however, proves to be rather insane, and develops a liking towards Courage.
- Affably Evil: Ok, evil is a bit of a stretch, but for a shave crazy barber, Fred is extremely nice and polite.
- Anti-Villain: Fred doesn't really do anything truly malicious, he just has a bit of a shaving obsession/fetish and just doesn't see anything wrong with shaving people bald.
- Blondes Are Evil: Freaky Fred, though it's arguable if he's actually evil. He's pretty much just a creep.
- Catch Phrase: Freaky Fred's is quite... Naaaaauuuughty...
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Freaky Fred. Good luck ever finding a picture of him without one.
- Demonic Possession: Happens in "Demon of the Mattress".
- Harmless Villain: Freaky Fred doesn't really do much other than shave people, follow you around, and look creepy. But he's really good at that last one.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Freaky Fred.
- Villain Opening Scene: Done in the beginning of "Freaky Fred", though as mentioned above, his status as a villain is debatable.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: "Kick 'em in the dishpan, hoo hoo hoo?"