Recap: Courage The Cowardly Dog S 1 E 1 A Night At The Katz Motel Cajun Granny Stew
This is the first episode and the first two segments of Courage the Cowardly Dog.A Night at the Katz MotelMuriel, Eustace and Courage stop at the Katz Motel to end their vacation. Unfortunately for them, itís no five star hotel, and Katzís hotel is the perfect excuse for finding unlimited food to keep his giant pet spiders happy.Cajun Granny StewCourage and Muriel go on a walk in the park. However, a Cajun Foxy eyes Muriel as the final ingredient in his dinner, "Cajun Granny Stew", so he steals her. Now it's up to Courage to get her back
This episode provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Absentee Actor: The only episode Eustace is absent in is "Cajun Granny Stew".
- Affectionate Parody: "Cajun Granny Stew" to the Looney Tunes.
- Born Lucky: He claims this.
- Born Unlucky: After he claims he was born lucky, a giant boxing glove punches him in the face.
- Cool Shades: The Cajun Fox wears these.
- Cunning Like a Fox
- Curse Cut Short:Cajun Fox: That dog is starting to become a real pain in my a-[head goes underwater]
- Double Subversion: Courage tries to defeat the Cajun Fox by putting a detour sign on the road so that he drives his steamroller into a bunch of rocks blocking the other road. He ignores it, thinking he's too smart for that, and plows over the detour sign, plummeting off a cliff.
- Leitmotif: Katz of "A Night At Katz Motel" has a short one that plays whenever he appears
- Giant Spider
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The Cajun Fox ends up getting cooked in his own pot.
- Kick the Dog
- Lean and Mean: Applies to both Katz and the fox.
- Katz: Now you're going to learn why nobody checks out of the Katz Motel.