Recap: Courage The Cowardly Dog S 1 E 2
The Shadow of CourageAfter the death of a selfish old man, his shadow leaves him to be free, causing chaos across Nowhere. Eventually, he decides to stay at the Bagge household and mess with its residents for the night.Dr. Le Quack Amnesia SpecialistEustace attempts to fix the roof, but accidentally sends a wooden plank flying through the air and onto Muriel's head, giving her amnesia. Rather than trying to fix this, Eustace convinces her that she's a slave woman, but Courage seeks help from Dr. le Quack, self proclaimed amnesia specialist, who turns out to be a fraud and tries to steal their valuables.Note: The episode title was too long to fit on the title, so it was shortened.
This episode provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Blatant Lies: Muriel wonders if it was a bit cruel to make Courage sleep in the attic.Eustace: Seemed pretty happy to me.
- Comically Missing the Point: "Did you break that door?"
- Easy Amnesia
- Hammer Space: Used several times in both episodes.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Eustace sends Courage to sleep up in the attic, but after the shadow tricks Muriel into thinking Eustace was strangling Courage, she makes him sleep in the attic.
- Also Eustace takes advantage of Muriel's amnesia by making her work as a slave woman, but by the end of the episode he's locked in a closet unable to remember who he is.
- Living Shadow
- My God, What Have I Done?: Courage says this when he realized that having Dr. Le Quack around to cure Muriel of amnesia is not a good idea since he witnessed him knocking Eustace down.
- My Instincts Are Showing: Courage often howls when he's scared.Courage: I'd better stop that. I think I'm beginning to like it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Courage was the one who asked for an amnesia specialist to begin with.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: The Shadow in "The Shadow of Courage" doesn't really want to be evil, he just wants to be a star.
- Pie in the Face: Used as a torture method by Le Quack.
- Police Are Useless: "You poor thing. What do you want from us?"
- Of course, they come eventually, but Le Quack still escapes.
- Eustace: Where am I? Who are you? Who am I?