Radar: Pinky and the Brain
Pinky and the Brain was cut from the same cloth as Animaniacs, so you'd have to be an idiot not to see where this show inherited its radar-dodging genes. And much like Animaniacs, a lot of the show's risque jokes and references also count as Genius and Parental Bonuses, which is why both this show and Animaniacs are touted by older viewers as being funnier when you grow up.
- Many of the "Are you pondering what I'm pondering" Running Gag riffs by Pinky are... Head-Tiltingly Kinky.
Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?Pinky: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get rubber pants our size?
- Brain's Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness was used for some rather risque Parental Bonus moments, such as telling Dolly Parton that "puberty was inordinately kind to [her]." Then there was the Samson episode, which seemed to be an excuse to use the word "ass" as many times as possible when Brain tried to harness the power of "the jawbone of an ass!"
- In one episode, Brain saves a village from a bull. A local villager gives him a big hug and loses him between her...uh... Another villager promptly blocks the camera and extracts Brain.
- In "TV or Not TV", two guys pitch a sitcom about a bikini designer who stumbles around pretending to be blind. Think about it for a sec.
- "Of Mouse and Man" got away with using workplace sexual harassment as a plot point. Played For Laughs, of course.
Boss: Here's the company policy on vacation, on personal phone calls.(places a huge stack of papers on Brain's desk)Boss: ...and sexual harassment. Don't worry about this, you're safe as long as you avoid all contact with humans.
- In "This Old Mouse" when Brain and Pinky see their senile future selves:
Pinky:[laughs] "Look at your floppy left ear! You can't raise it up anymore!"
- Here's a gem from "Of Mouse and Man", when one of Brain's female coworkers hits on him:
Woman: "You know what they say. Big ears...big earmuffs."
- In the song/episode "A Meticulous Analysis of History" Brain sings about various would-be world conquerors who have preceeded him. Among these is Caligula, who's shown trying to sneak into a group of Boy Scouts while the song goes:
Brain: Caligula was no Boy Scout.
He did things we can't even talk about.
The Romans knew he'd lost his head
when he filled a vacant senate seat with Mister Ed.
Pinky: What's wrong with being friendly with a thoroughbred?
- Keep in mind that Pinky is in love with a horse.
- Not to mention in one of the final verses of the song, when Pinky mentions a certain "former governor of Arkansas" (Bill Clinton), who is very clearly shown not wearing pants.
- In "Meet John Brain" Larry Kling is interviewing Suzanne Slimmers on her invention, The Thigh Monster. When asked how she stays so thin she replies "Why Thigh Monster of course!" and demonstrates how to use it—she presses her elbows between it making her breasts bounce in the process. Kling remarks "I could watch this for hours!".
- From "Welcome to the Jungle":
Brain: "Pinky, display your savvy!"Pinky: "Braaiin...in public?"
- When Pinky and Brain have to go through T.H.E.Y.'s hazing in "T.H.E.Y.":
Brain: "What's next, a panty raid on the Kremlin?!"
- A jab at Charlie Sheen from the episode "Calvin Brain"
Brain: Come, we're off to a place where woman are paid huge amounts of money to look beautiful, and change clothes frequently.Pinky: Charlie Sheen's house?Brain: No, Pinky, a fashion show.
- Here's one:
Brain: Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering Pinky?
- In "Brinky", when Pinky and Brain find out that their new clone is a combination of both their DNA, Brain comes to the horrible realization that Pinky is it's mommy. Directly after that, Pinky goes to a phone and asks the operator for the number of "The La Leche League". La Leche League International is a non-profit organization that promotes breastfeeding.
Pinky: Why Brain? What are we going to do tonight?Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the world!Pinky: Oh, not tonight, Brain... I have a headache!
- Then there's the ending:
- A Cher infomercial shows Cher showing off tattoos of her loved one's names. She says, "Wait'll you see where I put Ed Koch", followed by the sound of a zipper unzipping and Pinky and Brain giving an "Ew...".
- "Promise me something, Pinky. Never breed."
- "I'll try."
- "Brainania" has Pinky asking a lady for 'Relations' - which Brain hastily corrects to Diplomatic relations.
- A blink and you'll miss it one appears in the "The Megalomaniacal Adventures of Brainie the Poo". When the story book first appears, the author listed on the cover reads, "A.A. Meeting", which works as a non-sexual Double Entendre, as not only is it a pun on Winnie The Pooh writer A.A. Milne, but it's a Parental Bonus (unless you're a child in a family of alcoholics, what kid is gonna know that that's a reference to a support group for people whose drinking problem has gotten out of hand).
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.