Code Lyoko has a lot of Values Dissonance that results in stuff that wouldn't be crap in France getting past our radar. Why did it get through? Unlike many butchered Anime dub jobs, which are purchased for dubbing, the show was produced (in French) and translated (into English) by the same French company. All of the crap that was in the French version was kept for the English — and Cartoon Network gave it a TV-Y7 rating without cutting a stitch of it. MoonScoop was essentially its own radar.
- An upskirt shot involving a cheerleader outfit. On a middle-schooler.
- The infamous "Yumi entangled in roots" scene from "Sabotage". One of the vines went up her shirt. Hmm, are we feeling Déjà Vu?
- Also from that episode: Jim is doing a room inspection on Jeremy and spots some magazines sticking out from beneath his mattress. (They're computer 'zines.)
- Speaking of Yumi, she has absolutely no peace in her bathroom. She's been seen in the bath, getting in and out of the bath, wrapping herself in a towel (complete with sideboob), and, on two occasions, standing around in her underwear.
- Hell, virtually (pun intended) any time they're running through Lyoko, the sound effects seem like they're enjoying themselves.
- Let's not forget Milly/Millie being attacked by her zombified friend while in the shower and spending the rest of the episode wearing nothing but a short bathrobe. There's off-screen Fanservice potential: she put it on while running. Her (nipple-less) breast can be seen at one point.
- In "Routine", as if the almost-kiss wasn't enough, at one point early in the episode, when Ulrich and one-off character Émilie are walking down a hallway towards each other, both in bathrobes, Émilie's bathrobe is oh-so-casually sliding off her shoulder, though she puts it back up after they cross paths. Did we mention this is right after Ulrich's shower scene?
- Sissi has appeared in nothing but her underwear THRICE — including in the first episode, where she kept Yumi's sideboob company. In "Teddygozilla" you can even see the beginnings of her buttcrack during one shot.
- In one episode, "Rock Bottom", Odd is inviting a DJ to a party, and she just happens to say:
Sam: Wanna go on the greatest thrill ride of your life?
Odd: (blushing) Uhh... Yeah, I guess.
- That scene is actually even more amusing when you realize that the guy blushing like crazy is Odd Della Robbia
- Not only is "XANA's Kiss" a very sexually-charged episode, it also manages to sneak THIS line in:
Odd: Speaking of hot chocolate, I finally got a date with Heidi!
Ulrich: Are you going to give her your croissant?
- In the last episode of the series, Odd also asks Sissi if she "wants his croissant". Sissi's response that she'd "rather kiss his dog", which brings up a blatant romantic action in the exchange, does not help when it comes to interpreting Odd's line as innuendo.
- The batty old "Tiddlywinks Lady" of "Temporary Insanity". When Yumi accidentally enters her hospital room, she invites her into a game of Tiddlywinks, in which, quote, "The winner gets to try the other person's medicine!" Basically, she's asking a 14-year-old to gamble for prescription drugs. How the hell did that get past ANY censor? A theory on how it got past: the lady is obviously mental disturbed. Yumi (and the censors) likely thought she was joking.
- On the wall of the painted background of the warehouse room where Odd and Yumi are held in "Ultimatum", there is a line of graffiti that reads "phoque ze pea—is", with the dashes being a smudge. Phoque is French for "seal", but it is also the English "fuck" spelled phonetically. "ze" does not mean anything in French, and there was already English on the wall ("Killroy was Here"), so they basically got away with saying "fuck the police" in the background.
- In the episode "Missing Link", you hear this exchange, complete with slow pan up Sissi's body as she talks:
Odd: Not bad, the hair looks like Yumi's.
Ulrich: Yeah, but she doesn't dress like that; she always wears black, and her dresses are longer and less—
Sissi: Less sexy?
- When Aelita turns invisible, she naturally goes to Jérémie for help. When he reaches out to confirm she's still solid, his hands apparently land lower than he intended, given Aelita's indignation.
- Near the beginning of "Lyoko Minus One", when Odd is running for student rep, we get the following conversation:
Odd: Surprise is the secret weapon of my election campaign!
Aelita: And the second weapon is poetry. "If you all want to have your say, why not give the nod to good old Odd?"
Odd: Hey, that's great! I love lines that rhyme with Odd...
- In "The Key", Aelita tries to attempt suicide, but is interrupted.
- Near the end of "Fight to the Finish", William (who is possessed by XANA) is attacking Yumi, and pushes her up against the wall. They're alone in an elevator... their faces get close together... cut to another scene.
- "A Fine Mess":
- This episode involves Odd and Yumi exchanging bodies. Right at the beginning, Odd notices that he is feeling Yumi's bra... causing Yumi to immediately warn him against removing it.
- Notably, later in the same episode, Odd is seen wearing different clothes while still in Yumi's body, implying he did remove her original clothes — including her bra.
- The episode also has Odd offering Ulrich to take advantage on the fact he is in Yumi's body to train for confessing his feelings to her. Ulrich is not amused.
- In the French version of "Marabounta", when William is yelling at Ulrich, he uses a phrase that could be translated as "You fucked up!" There is, in general, more overt swearing in the French as opposed to the English.
- Odd in "Dog's Day Afternoon" unzipping his pants in front of Jérémie, Aelita, and Ulrich to see if he is growing a tail. Everyone covering their eyes or telling him to stop does not help the situation.
Ulrich: [disgusted and takes the dog bowl away from Odd] Odd, I know you'll eat anything when you’re hungry, but that's ridiculous!
Jérémie: Ugh! Come on, Odd! Get real! What's wrong with you?
Odd: Eh? Oh no, this is getting worse and worse! I don't believe this! [unzipping his pants]
Aelita: [covering her eyes] Gyah!
Ulrich: Argh, Odd, stop!
Jérémie: [hiding behind his laptop] Cut that out!
Odd: It's, well, I-I've got this... thing in my backside, I think... I-I think... I think I'm growing a tail...
- "Zero Gravity Zone" has Tamiya zooming in on Ulrich's ass while he's playing soccer. And making comments on the view. Milly is not amused.
- Combined with What Could Have Been, the scripts for the episodes are more risqué then what ended up, as shown in this top 10 list.
- From the first DS game after the principal takes away their cell phones:
Yumi: I feel naked without my phone.
Odd: Things are looking up then, right Ulrich!
Ulrich: Hey! That's not...
- "Teddygozilla" has the kids noticing that Sissi (who ran away from her room while nearly naked because of being attacked by the titular monster) has about a dozen devices connected to a single outlet, a severe fire hazard. All versions then have them making a joke about Sissy not having plugged in (and knowing how to use, even if she had it) a "mind stimulator", but the Latin American version makes it sound like they're talking about Sissi owning a vibrator.