Playing With: Who's Laughing Now?
: Someone who was the butt of several jokes becomes a villain.
- Straight: Everyone made fun of Emmitt Everson growing up. He decides to become Emperor Evulz to teach the world a lesson.
- Exaggerated: Someone once giggled at Emmitt; this turns him into an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Downplayed: Emmitt only gets revenge on the people who made fun of him. Everyone else is safe.
- The pressure of the teasing left Emmitt to believe his only outlet was Revenge.
- Emmitt has always been crazy and lacked empathy. He just needed something to push him over the edge.
- Everyone made fun of Emmitt Everson growing up. He decides to become Amazing Man, a superhero, to gain the respect of those who didn't like him before.
- Alternatively, Emmitt was a popular kid growing up; he becomes Emperor Evulz because he wants the world to hate him and he was tired of the price of popularity.
- Schoolyard Bully All Grown Up
- Double Subverted:
- ...At least, that's what he claims...
- However, he went after the Jerk Jock first because he used to tease him.
- He then ignored this feeling and gives the Jerk Jock the punishment he deserves.
- The entire universe laughs at Emmitt; he dyes his hair black and puts on a fake mustache and the laughter instantly turns to fear.
- Alternatively Emmitt is a comedian.
- Zig Zagged: Emperor Evulz goes after a former Jerk Jock, then later claims it was because he had a part his "Machine O' Doom" needed. But he didn't necessarily need to attack him first. However, his next few victims didn't tease him...but the last one did.
- Averted: Emperor Evulz' life of evil isn't caused by teasing.
- Enforced: "It's not like the fangirls need an excuse, but still; why don't we give the bad guy a sympathetic backstory? We could have his life of evil be caused by relentless teasing."
- Lampshaded: "Let me guess. You were bullied in high school, so you decided to become a bad guy."
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: After a lifetime of being teased, Emmitt instead channels his energy into assuring teasing will never happen again.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Well, the characterization that fanfic came up with for Emperor Evulz was...interesting, to say the least."
- After relentless teasing creates one too many evil overlords, popular opinion shifts to the side of those bullied, allowing Emperor Evulz to Take Over the World with very little problem.
- Emperor Evulz's bullied background doesn't excuse the many cruel acts he did to get his way.
- Those now bullied under Emperor Evulz snap under the torment and dethrone him, becoming equally cruel tyrants and showing that victims become victimizers in their turn.
- But despite this, Evulz' tormentors still deserved their comeuppance at Evulz' hands.
- Played For Laughs: Emmitt's still a laughingstock/ an imbecile.
- Played For Drama: Emmitt's stockpiling a nerve gas that causes permanent paralysis (except for the eyes), and planning to explode the canisters in the sewer system, causing it to waft up through every drain in the city specifically so he can have the Jerk Jock and the Alpha Bitch as living Action Figures.
So you want to go back to Who's Laughing Now?
, just like everyone else?! I'll show you! I'll show you ALL! MUWA HAHA HA HA