Playing With: Ungrateful Bastard
: One who doesn't give the proper gratitude.
- Straight: Bob saves Alice from falling into a spikes's pit. Alice blames Bob for causing her to almost fall into said death trap.
- Exaggerated: Bob saves Alice from falling into the spikes. In return, Alice pushes Bob down to those spikes!
- Downplayed: Bob saves Alice from falling into the spikes. Not a thank is given.
- Bob was a well-known troublemaker, so Alice assumed the spikes were part of his prank, and he saved her when the prank goes wrong.
- Alice is too arrogant to thank those whom she looks down upon.
- Alice happens to be suicidal, and Bob saving her completely ruined her chances of escaping the life she hates.
- Inverted: Bob saves Alice from falling flat in her own face. (Ergo: Not an immediately lethal/game-breaking accident) Alice becomes his Meido from that day on. Holy Disproportionate Rewards, Batman!
- Subverted: Alice was a well-known Alpha Bitch. But when Bob saved Alice from falling into the spikes, she thanked him.
- Double Subverted: Once they get back home, she backstabbed Bob by reporting to the authorities that Bob almost raped her.
- Parodied: After Bob saves Alice from falling on the spikes Alice pushes Bob into the spikes, calls the police and says to them that he intended to push her into them, after he had raped her, of course... And then she lights him on fire!
- Zig Zagged: Bob saves Alice multiple times, and she alternatively loves him and hates him for it.
- Averted: Alice is thankful for Bob saving her
- Enforced: The creators want to show that kindness does not always get rewarded.
- Lampshaded: Bob gives a sarcastic "You're welcome!" when Alice neglects to thank him.
- Invoked: Joe knowing that Alice would turn on Bob plants the spikes and sends Bob to Alice.
- Exploited: Knowing Alice is unlikely to thank him, Bob arranges to have his rescue and her angrily insult him recorded so he can blackmail her later with being exposed as an ungrateful snob.
- Defied: The moment Alice starts blaming Bob, he pushed her down the spikes and demand a thank-you from her before helping her up again.
- Discussed: "I don't know why Bob keeps saving Alice. She never thanks him for it!"
- Conversed: "I know doing good is its own reward, but people like Alice really prove it."
Back to Ungrateful Bastard