: The galaxy is too large for feasible government
- Straight: A Galactic League actually consists of mutual trade agreements and provisions for succoring citizens of other planetary systems. Its attempts to actually govern soon foundered.
- Exaggerated: Alisander sets out to conquer the galaxy; he starts with unifying his home planet, only to find himself bogged down with the process of governing what he's conquered before he finishes even that part.
- Downplayed: Star systems far from the central government have a lot more freedom than it quite likes.
- Justified: Even a planet-full of people makes it difficult to control them, and this consists of billions of such planets.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Planets seem to be totally disjoint, but digging deeper finds that a secret organization is actually controling most of them.
- Double Subverted: But the factions within the organization prevent its actually governing them, and there's several factions per planet.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Galactic Superpower
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Captain Blackheart raids freely throughout the galaxy, only taking care not to pirate any one planet too often, because they will not be able to organize an effective resistance from all of them.
- Defied: Alexander the Star-Conqueror sets out with new enhanced AIs and survellaince equipment to control with more than human ability.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Ungovernable Galaxy