: A character laments his lack of emotions, despite showing emotion.
- Straight: Tim sadly complains about not having any emotions.
- Exaggerated: Tim openly cries about not having emotions.
- Downplayed: ???
- Tim is a robot, who feels emotions, but doesn't realize it.
- Tim is a total-conversion cyborg who always thought that Cybernetics Eat Your Soul. This is not the case, so his loss of emotion is simply psychosomatic.
- Inverted: Tim constantly says that he's way too emotional, and he wishes he was completely cold and distant... Despite being a flagrant example of The Stoic, who's devoid of genuine emotions!
- Subverted: Tim realizes he has emotions, but acts like he doesn't hoping for sympathy.
- Double Subverted: ...Or at least that's what his friends think.
- Parodied: Tim becomes a Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds because of his lack of emotions and then sees himself crying in a shard of glass and becomes The Pollyanna
- Zig Zagged: Tim alternates between wanting emotions and not wanting them, despite having them.
- Averted: Tim realizes he has emotions.
- Enforced: "We can't have Tim have no emotions at all, or people will think he's a sociopath. How about he feels emotions, but doesn't recognize them as such?"
- Lampshaded: "How long do you think it'll be before Tim figures out he can feel?"
- Invoked: Tim decides to claim he has no emotions, as he is very socially awkward and wants a good excuse should he say something stupid or offensive by accident.
- Exploited: Sally does horrible things to Tim, while claiming that because he has no emotions, he shouldn't mind. Tim's denial breaks down, along with his mind.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Someone needs to slap some sense into Tim, so he can figure out that he does have emotions."
- The reason Tim claims to have no emotions is because he has committed horrible deeds in the past, and if he is emotionless he cannot feel crippling guilt over it.
- Tim wants to be a Sociopath.
- Tim's seeming emotionlessness leads to him being capable of committing all sorts of horrific deeds without batting an eye. However, at one point he goes so far that his actions horrify him and reawaken awareness of emotion in him. But even though he becomes in touch with his emotions, by then, it's too late, as the reawakaned emotion makes him feel horror over all his past deeds as well, and all that combined leads to a breakdown that drives him over the Despair Event Horizon.
- Reconstructed: Tim gets therapy and learns to accept both his emotions and the fact he has them.
Back to Tin Man