: Character's theme music plays during their most awesome moments
- Straight: Action Girl Melody has a distinctive theme that kicks into high gear whenever she scores a Moment Of Awesome.
- Exaggerated: Everyone in Melody's series has a Leitmotif of their own, which plays whenever they do anything at all.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Melody gets her power from a music box which gives Melody strength when it plays.
- Subverted: Melody's theme starts playing as she charges towards Hymn... but her rival calmly deflects her into the nearest wall.
- Double Subverted: ...And then, as Hymn gloats over her victory, her own Leitmotif segues into a dramatic remix of Melody's theme as she pulls herself back up and launches another attack.
- Zig Zagged: Melody's power up music sometimes plays when she's about to turn the tide, sometimes when she's about to fail, and sometimes doesn't play when she's about to win because the composer wants to try a different track.
- Averted: There is no background music in the show.
- Enforced: "We want the kids to get excited whenever Melody is in a tough battle, so compose a stirring tune for when she's about to win."
- Lampshaded: "Oh no! Melody's leitmotif again! Better run!"
- Invoked: Melody brings an mp3 player with her to get invincibility.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The Dark Lord John Cage casts a spell of silence that prevents Melody from using her power up music.
- Discussed: "And remember, if you hear Melody's leitmotif, she'll start kicking some villain butt"
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Melody actually composed her own theme song and has it on her headset so she can cue it up when she thinks she's about to do something cool.
- Played For Drama: Melody's theme song is a tune that was written by her mother for her before she died, and it plays whenever Melody needs her strength.
Back to Theme Music Power-Up