: A character who is determined to get by with as little effort as possible.
- Straight: Doug postpones important tasks and mostly goes through the motions, never staking himself on anything or doing more than the required minimum.
- Exaggerated: Doug's working days consist of clapping some keys here and there, frowning, walking around the room feigning frustration, sighing and slacking off when nobody is watching.
- Downplayed: Doug may go an extra mile if you persuade him with a tempting offer, but otherwise he isn't going to do anything more than the absolute minimum.
- Inverted: Doug is an ambitious workaholic, who invests in everything he does like crazy.
- Doug is the first to volunteer in an important group project.
- Doug is just bored out of his mind with whatever tasks he's normally saddled with. When he finds something that interests him, he actually puts in a worthwhile effort.
- Double Subverted:
- ...because he knows it will get him some credit even though he does less work than anyone.
- Doug tends to lose interest fast.
- Parodied: Laborious Laziness.
- Zig Zagged: Doug's level of commitment to his assignments at work varies depending on how much he knows about the topic.
- Averted: Doug always swallows his tongue and puts in a fair amount of effort.
- Enforced: Doug's actor wouldn't go the distance, so the writers rewrote the character to match the actor's attitude.
- Lampshaded: "Doug is so lazy I'm surprised he still keeps coming here and getting a paycheck."
- Invoked: Doug drinks heavily every work night so he has an excuse not to be very productive when he goes to the office.
- Exploited: Doug finds himself beset by requests for off-duty favors from his coworkers.
- Defied: Brendan catches Doug avoiding actually working and orders him to shape up or ship out.
Mike: And there goes Lisa. I have never had a more determined colleague.
Cathy: I just met the kid who will get her job. He's able-bodied, but he actively changed his trajectory so he'd activate the automatic door.
- Conversed: "In the real world, he would be lining up for welfare by now."
- Deconstructed: Doug appreciates nothing because of how little effort he put in, so he becomes extremely standoffish and even less motivated.
- Reconstructed: In the process Doug realizes how little he cares and likes it that way.
- Played For Laughs: Doug takes Wiki Walks with impunity and justifies his activities as "armchair sociology."
Back to doing what I've been doing the whole time: almost nothing