: A character agrees to keep another character's secret.
- Straight: Alice discovers that her best friend, Kate, is a werewolf and agrees to keep it.
- Exaggerated: Alice is suspicious that Kate is hiding something from her so she follows her to discover her secret: she's a werewolf. Kate sees her and asks Alice if she can keep this from anybody which she agrees.
- Downplayed: ???
- Alice expect to call favors from Kate in the future.
- Alice is a werewolf (or a ghoul, or a mage, or a changeling) too, and plans to tell Kate sometimes in the future... after Kate feels comfortable having her around.
- Alice sells Kate's secret to the media.
- An elaborate Masquerade is in place to make sure Alice, the only person who doesn't know Kate is a werewolf, never finds out.
- Double Subverted:
- ...But Kate eventually learns that Alice knows her secret and then asks her to keep it.
- ...But then asks Bob to keep the secret, as well.
- Alice tells Bob Kate's secret... that Kate is a vampire.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice never finds out that Kate is a werewolf.
- Everybody knows that werewolves exist, and Kate happens to be one of them.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Kate chooses Alice as a friend just so that she can keep her werewolfism a secret.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discused: "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."
- Conversed: "Yeah, her secret's safe alright... But for how long??"
- Deconstructed: Alice is having a nervous breakdown over trying not to spill the beans. She becomes increasingly paranoid, misinterpreting everything she hears as a reference to Kate's furry little secret.
Back to Secret Keeper