: Crazy leader of party decides to continue down the path despite everyone's calling to stop and save their selves.
- Straight: Hiro insists on continuing to his expedition into the jungle, despite the fact that his party members are exhausted, sick, or dying.
- Hiro insists on continuing his expedition into Eldritch Abomination's lair, even though almost everyone in the party is on the brink of dying.
- Hiro would rather kill off his injured crewmen so they don't get in the way rather than go back get some help.
- Downplayed: Hiro is suffering from PTSD and their raft has some problems over rapids, but neither affect the outcome of the events too much.
- Justified: Whatever the party is after, or needs to do, will prevent the world from being destroyed.
- Inverted: Hiro's party members want to continue on the expedition, but Hiro thinks it's a horrible idea.
- Subverted: Hiro's crew keeps going on despite their injuries, until one member falls unconscious from his injuries. Hiro then decides to go back...
- Double Subverted: ... to leave the unconscious person in a safer place. Then he goes deeper in the jungle.
- Parodied: Hiro drags his party down into a patch of wilderness covered in danger signs, stating that there's nothing to worry about, even as half the expedition party is being attacked by Eldritch Abominations.
- Zig Zagged: While Hiro is clearly out of his mind, his expedition fares well and without casualities, so his men follow him regardless.
- Averted: The party is well-prepared for their journey, men are rested, they use purpusefully build boat and their leader Hiro is perfectly sane. Nothing goes wrong for the whole journey.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Hiro calls off the expedition when his party members are in no condition to carry on any longer.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Hiro's actions causes his party to desert him, as he obviously does not care for their welfare.
Back to River of Insanity